Found 10th May 2009
Basically I get 2-3 bars signal on o2 outside my house; but soon as I come indoors I get no signal at all.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any decent deals - or has something like this for sale. A GSM repeater has aerial outdoors and another one indoors to bring the signal in.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions on what I can do? not prepared to move to another provider.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

Is your phone on GSM or 3G?
If it's on 3G you can try forcing it to use GSM which needs less signal strength. There's a setting in the network options of the phone as a rule.

I'm sure there are home repeaters but the only one's I've ever seen are for offices and cost around 5k, so not much help there, sorry. . .

Original Poster

steve1221;5170946

Is your phone on GSM or 3G?If it's on 3G you can try forcing it to use … Is your phone on GSM or 3G?If it's on 3G you can try forcing it to use GSM which needs less signal strength. There's a setting in the network options of the phone as a rule.I'm sure there are home repeaters but the only one's I've ever seen are for offices and cost around 5k, so not much help there, sorry. . .

Thanks for reply..... I have tried this setting already, I'm not in 3g area but was expecting to atleast be able to make a call or send a txt.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have 3 bars outside my house....Dog and Partridge, The George and The Black Swan very strange though I have none indoors:whistling: Plenty of horses as well
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604793
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313884
    3. Add one, leave one game54315408
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...1621

See more discussions