Gt 720 for 4K? Help!

Found 28th Jul 2015
Hi Community!
Im wanting to build a budget computer which will always run 4K, i don't want it for gaming use, just for videos,photos and a few editing programs like Photoshop. I was thinking of using a GT 720.

1) Will i always be able to run 4k (as in from booting up the PC, to shutting down)

2) will the graphics card be to show the web browser in 4k at all times.

Note: i have a 4K monitor.

Link for GT 720:
ballicom.co.uk/zt7…tml?
Community Updates
Ask4K TV
16 Comments
Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?
Think ur main ppl for help like Rev 6 are asleep try bump it 2moz
wozkeo

Think ur main ppl for help like Rev 6 are asleep try bump it 2moz

Thanks
Rev = very informative
Amohsin

Rev = very informative

Thanks
Can run 4k at 30Hz through HDMI

For 60Hz need a displayport.
Can i watch movies and photoshop smoothly though with a GT 720 at 4k if i use HDMI (30hz), I will consider display port.
I have a Asus GT 640 3GB in my for sale thread for £25, that definitely beats the 720. Although it only has hdmi/dvi/vga like the 720 and you probably want displayport for 4k really.
MIDURIX

I have a Asus GT 640 3GB in my for sale thread for £25, that definitely … I have a Asus GT 640 3GB in my for sale thread for £25, that definitely beats the 720. Although it only has hdmi/dvi/vga like the 720 and you probably want displayport for 4k really.

Thanks!! I will certainly look into that
maahi17

Can i watch movies and photoshop smoothly though with a GT 720 at 4k if i … Can i watch movies and photoshop smoothly though with a GT 720 at 4k if i use HDMI (30hz), I will consider display port.

Not as smoothly as 60hz. If your monitor has a DisplayPort input then that's definitely the way to go.
You need HDMI 2.0 or Display Port on both the monitor and the GPU for 4k at 60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. The GT 720 doesn't have either so it would be best to spend a bit more to get the most out of your 4k monitor.
rev6

You need HDMI 2.0 or Display Port on both the monitor and the GPU for 4k … You need HDMI 2.0 or Display Port on both the monitor and the GPU for 4k at 60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. The GT 720 doesn't have either so it would be best to spend a bit more to get the most out of your 4k monitor.

Thats really useful, how about a GT 640? if not the GT 640, by all means the GTX 750
maahi17

Thats really useful, how about a GT 640? if not the GT 640, by all means … Thats really useful, how about a GT 640? if not the GT 640, by all means the GTX 750

Anything with DisplayPort that isn't the bottom of the range (which are often rebranded ancient chips) should work.
EndlessWaves

Anything with DisplayPort that isn't the bottom of the range (which are … Anything with DisplayPort that isn't the bottom of the range (which are often rebranded ancient chips) should work.

Thanks, il go for the GTX 750
maahi17

Thanks, il go for the GTX 750

It would need to have DisplayPort to run 4k at 60Hz.
I told you in another thread that the CPU you're planning on buying has a capable iGPU that would handle 4k at 60Hz if the motherboard you buy also has DisplayPort.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants