Groups

GT Prologue or GT 5? Much difference?

Hi

Eldest son (nearly 10) is having a PS3 for Christmas and he loves Gran Turismo. I have my eye on the Prologue as it is around the £15 mark and when the Gran Turismo 5 comes out early december it will be around the £40 - £50 mark?

Bit of a difference hey! Is there that much difference in the game. He loves this game so if there is he can have the more expensive one as aunties and uncles will buy it between them, if there isn't then one auntie and uncle can buy the prologue version!

Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

the prologue is a very very basic version, less tracks and less cars as well as less game modes.

would definetly advise getting the full game as prologue becomes boring quikly

Prologue is essentially a demo with a limited choice of tracks and cars whereas the proper GT5 is the full game which has a much wider selection of tracks and cars.

John

Original Poster

Ok then, thanks guys, I'll tell them to club together for the GT 5 version!

Thanks x

You do know that gran turismo 5 is out in march not december

what id suggest is buy a copy of GT5 Prologue of the FS board here at around £5-7 and then after its released and drops a little in price maybe for a birthday or wait till Christmas and buy the full game for him.

Original Poster

bob100;6570280

You do know that gran turismo 5 is out in march not december

Crumbs, no I didn't :oops: Thank you so much for that!

It states on Play.com - Due for release on 04/12/2009 :?

I notice there is no date on Amazon though! Right back to Plan A then!

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6570296

what id suggest is buy a copy of GT5 Prologue of the FS board here at … what id suggest is buy a copy of GT5 Prologue of the FS board here at around £5-7 and then after its released and drops a little in price maybe for a birthday or wait till Christmas and buy the full game for him.

Yep, may try and do that, am trying to get the games here to make it all cheaper, they're so expensive! Other son wants an Xbox 360 too :thinking:

Although seeing what poster above has said, we may be in for a long wait for GT5 :oops:

Do you know whats the difference between a "Platinum" title and a "normal" title? That's confusing me now. Am just looking at Midnight Club Los Angeles PS3 on Play - Platinum is £15 and Normal is £25 :?

bizzyme;6570618

Do you know whats the difference between a "Platinum" title and a … Do you know whats the difference between a "Platinum" title and a "normal" title? That's confusing me now. Am just looking at Midnight Club Los Angeles PS3 on Play - Platinum is £15 and Normal is £25 :?

Platinum games have an ugly case, no other difference.

bizzyme;6570595

Crumbs, no I didn't :oops: Thank you so much for that!It states on … Crumbs, no I didn't :oops: Thank you so much for that!It states on Play.com - Due for release on 04/12/2009 :?I notice there is no date on Amazon though! Right back to Plan A then!

Yeah the dates are wrong at play, at the moment gran turismo 5 has been confirmed to be released in japan and usa for march 2010.

Theres is no official date for the UK yet but it is presumed to be the same as Japan and USA and so should hit march 2010.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

bob100;6570660

Yeah the dates are wrong at play, at the moment gran turismo 5 has been … Yeah the dates are wrong at play, at the moment gran turismo 5 has been confirmed to be released in japan and usa for march 2010.Theres is no official date for the UK yet but it is presumed to be the same as Japan and USA and so should hit march 2010.:thumbsup:

Thanks very much, rep added :thumbsup:

bizzyme;6570706

Thanks very much, rep added :thumbsup:

Thanks and np:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs79
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767214
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047100

See more discussions