GT5 Collectors edition pre order @ Gamestop $119.98 = £82.45

Banned
Just pre ordered from them just now link is below

Note the site is crashing now and again on checkout stage but you will get it ordered in the end, they don't take any money until dispatch date

$119.98 includes shipping may be custom charges also im not sure.

works out @ £82.45 this is the only place to order from just now.

12 Comments

adding VAT and the post office charge will make this at least £105! Although if its from within the EU then will be ok.

Original Poster Banned

cdm22;8858743

adding VAT and the post office charge will make this at least £105! … adding VAT and the post office charge will make this at least £105! Although if its from within the EU then will be ok.

Possibly not sure, only place to order from just now,

If the Uk are getting this edition i will be ordering from which ever retailer is supplying it

Hopefully we do get it also. still think its strange that usa only have the release date no where else yet,

hope it is a worldwide date 2/11/10

you buying it to play or buying it as an investment since its a numbered collectors edition, could make a bundle in he future to retro gamers

Original Poster Banned

Peterdj41;8859043

you buying it to play or buying it as an investment since its a numbered … you buying it to play or buying it as an investment since its a numbered collectors edition, could make a bundle in he future to retro gamers

Buying to play it of course lol :-D

no special edition's of games hold value take mw2 for example and the amount of halo ones or any others

dj_urban;8859129

Buying to play it of course lol :-D no special edition's of games hold … Buying to play it of course lol :-D no special edition's of games hold value take mw2 for example and the amount of halo ones or any others

fair point haha, all looks good but ill wait and hope that like you say they lose their value, and hope game sell them for 25 quid like they did with the mw2 special edition.

Original Poster Banned

Peterdj41;8859153

fair point haha, all looks good but ill wait and hope that like you say … fair point haha, all looks good but ill wait and hope that like you say they lose their value, and hope game sell them for 25 quid like they did with the mw2 special edition.

Take this for example prob be £30 after 6-12moths from release shop.ubi.com/sto…200

Or

GTA IV Special edition £69.99 went to £24.99 within a year n half

Batman Arkham Asylum also went to £24.99

You just have to find the right time for the sale.

A numbered/limited collector's edition of anything will go up in value initially if the interest in the item is still high at the point that stocks are exhausted. As interest drops (to zero) then demand falls & hence so does the price you can achieve for the same item.

Collector's Editions &/or Promo Editions of earlier "Gran Turismo" series releases do not come up for sale that often (]for example) but when they do they not only retain their value, but the seller makes a profit (without taking into considering inflation &/or charges for credit to make the purchase in the first instance).

I recently sold a (deleted on the day of release) Collector's 2-Disc Edition of "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" [PS3] only available from GameStop(.com) to r3tract & made a little profit. Not as much as I could have made if I had really tried to sell it to the Collector's market, but I was just looking to pass it on to somebody I knew who would appreciate it. I bought two originally anyway, and still have the other

Another (more) recent example is the "Black Edition" of "Assassin's Creed 2" [PS3] &/or [Xbox 360]. This still fetches relatively high prices (higher than the original price listed at Play.com).

BFN,

fp.

Isn't this out yet??

€180 GT5 Collector’s Edition revealed (VG247.com)

August 4th, 2010 @ 10:07 by Johnny Cullen
---
Got €180 to spend? Of course you do, you’re minted. Want a suggestion? Try a special GT5 CE just announced by SCEE.

The “Signature Version”, which was first mentioned by the boss of SCE India last month, will feature:

* Metal sculpted box finished in SLS AMG Obsidian Black
* Exclusive GT branded SLS AMG 1:43 model car
* GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card
* Branded USB key with Polyphony/Mercedes-Benz trailer
* GT branded metal key fob
* Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 5
* 200 page Apex drivers magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more

The Signature Edition will also enable gamers to enter a competition, where players can compete at in-game challenges just for owners of CE.

The winner will pick up a Mercedes SMG.

Sony also confirmed that less-cheaper collector’s edition that was announced for the US back at E3 will be coming to Europe at €80.

Hardcore stuff. Proper hardcore.

SCEE also detailed six cars that will be available to pre-orders for the game. There’s shots over at the EU PS Blog.

GT5 has no European release date as yet, but expect that to be announced in a week-and-a-half at gamescom. It launches in the US on November 2.
---

BFN,

fp.

FYI:
PS3 Gran Turismo 5 Faceplate (EBGames.com.au)
---
New
$48.00
Available 4/11/2010
Platform: PlayStation 3
Genre: Accessories

http://images.ebgames.com.au/images/detail/151934_detail.jpg

Sony Playstation 3 Gran Turismo 5 Hard Cover Faceplate with Exclusive artwork featuring Kazunori Yamauchi's signature, the creator of GT5.

*Console not included, only compatible with the new Playstation 3 slim.
---

BFN,

fp.

Kermit2004

Isn't this out yet??

Has hell frozen over???
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8914
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2458