GTA 5 @ Gamestop £23.68 (Shopto buy 2 games @ 18.71 plus £4.97)

Found 16th Aug 2013
I have seen this deal of 2 specific games plus £4.97for GTA V. But here's a or if not the cheapest way of doing it.

Great thing about shop to is the super (usually next day) delivery!

shopto.net/vid…e-5

shopto.net/vid…ics

Gamestop are currently running a deal that states you can buy GTA V for £39.97, but by trading in two games using the enclosed envelope, you can recoup £35 of that price. Now the list is dubious to say the least, with a couple of games that are worth peanuts. While the T’s and C’s state that multiples of the same game aren’t allowed, head to ShopTo and buy Rayman Origins on Xbox 360 (£9.85) and Dead or Alive 5 on PS3 (£8.86) which fit the bill quite nicely. For those that don’t do maths, that’s just £18.71. A vital £18.71 investment that lets you recoup £35 from Gamestop, since both games appear on the company’s massive list of games included in the promotion.
So in summary;
Pre-order GTA V from Gamestop.
Buy both Rayman Origins (Xbox 360) and Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) from ShopTo.
Wait for GTA V to arrive from Gamestop.
Send Rayman Origins and Dead or Alive 5 back to Gamestop using the enclosed envelope.
Wait up to 10 days for your £35 to be refunded.
Your total outlay including the two games and the £4.97 that you don’t get back from Gamestop comes to just £23.68. An easy method that pretty much halves the price of the game, and even gives you a few free “rentals” in the process.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

15 Comments

Seems like a doable plan. A bit of hassle but something to do if you want the cheapest of price.

Original Poster

Schizophonic

Seems like a doable plan. A bit of hassle but something to do if you want … Seems like a doable plan. A bit of hassle but something to do if you want the cheapest of price.

Defiantly, its abit of hassle! Which I expect cold votes for that reason. I managed to pre order this from tesco for £30 around march. But the cheapest I've seen is £35ish lately to pre order.

Wortho

Defiantly, its abit of hassle! Which I expect cold votes for that reason. … Defiantly, its abit of hassle! Which I expect cold votes for that reason. I managed to pre order this from tesco for £30 around march. But the cheapest I've seen is £35ish lately to pre order.

Defiantly? got an iphone? lol, they always autocorrect that wrong.. btw.. it's definitely

Banned

posted this last week on the blockbusters deal thread, people must not of saw it.

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza

Defiantly? got an iphone? lol, they always autocorrect that wrong.. btw.. … Defiantly? got an iphone? lol, they always autocorrect that wrong.. btw.. it's definitely

Was writing it on the bus on my s4 but there was definitely no excuse to get it wrong!

Original Poster

seanbwfc

posted this last week on the blockbusters deal thread, people must not of … posted this last week on the blockbusters deal thread, people must not of saw it.

I saw a post a month or 2 ago, listing the games. Didn't see a thread of how to get it the cheapest.

Shhh, you're not supposed to give away the best techniques!

I had been earmarking pre-owned titles for this offer, but they seem to have increased in price recently.
Plus there's a gamble on the condition of the titles.

Still can't decide if it's worth the hassle.

Cheers, ordered!

Do shopto normally dispatch stuff separately? I've had Rayman dispatched, but not dead or alive...

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Do shopto normally dispatch stuff separately? I've had Rayman dispatched, … Do shopto normally dispatch stuff separately? I've had Rayman dispatched, but not dead or alive...

Yes I'm pretty sure they do. They have certain things aswel that dispatch a lot quicker than others. It does state usually. Like "order now despatched within 5 mins"

Ok cheers

Where do you get the envelope to send the games back. Never used GameStop but I guess its the envelope GTA will arrive in?

kylewalker

Where do you get the envelope to send the games back. Never used GameStop … Where do you get the envelope to send the games back. Never used GameStop but I guess its the envelope GTA will arrive in?

Your delivery from Gamestop will include an envelope in which to post the trade-in games.

I've not looked a the specifics for this but you'd have to hope that gamestop by the time GTA V is released don't update list to excluded the titles you've gambled on and bought.

EDIT This list will remain valid until this offer has ended.

lol 913903 Grand Theft Auto V Xbox 360

Edited by: "dontasciime" 19th Aug 2013

Banned

it seems like a bit of a faff. It will probably be for sale for £25 soon after release any way. Some company will drop the price as a loss-leader and the rest will follow. Always happens
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions