Groups

GTA IV DiscussionThread

This is for anything, and everything GTA IV related.

417 Comments

can't wait, although we have to still for a month anyway

Original Poster

I know, I dont think iver ever been so impatient for a game to be released!

I cant wait either!! It looks fab this one

Original Poster

did anyone seen the leaked maps?

Nope i didnt, did you see at all?

Although just seen it!!! hehe

Not close up but i seen it!

Original Poster

Yep I saw them, easy enough to find on google, just dont post any links on here seems rockstar have been emailing people asking not to upload onto websites

Yeah thats how i just found it, had a look at google and it showed me them!

You seen them close up??

Still no gameplay footage

Original Poster

Yer close enough to read, check your PM.

can't wait to get this game. 32 days to go now?

Original Poster

Titchimp;1791673

Still no gameplay footage

Yep, although there were a couple of bits which COULD have passed as gameplay footage, although probably not.

Thanks ever so much Don - roll on the day it comes out!!! I have it preordered at Shopto as i know i will get it a day or 2 early lol

what format you getting it on?

Original Poster

Im really excited about the game but what im more excited about is the multiplayer!! Imagine GTA - with 15 of your mates. Running havock. madness.

PS3 i will have it on!

yeah any information on how thats going to work... will it be 16 players online, numerous 2/3/4 gangs or just one huuuuuge gang lol causing havok

Im gunna get the special edition Ps3 i recon, prob not worth the extra cash but i want it anyway!

Original Poster

* Belic means "Warlike"
    * Times Squares big and covered in ads
    * In DeathMatch its confined to an area on the map to keep the action intense
    * In TeamDeath match four can sit in a helicopter/car, the non drives can shoot with any weapon they have, not just uzi/pistols
    * MAFIYA WORK consists off you being given simply missions as a group and having to pull them off i.e. recruit people, doing hits or there favorite find and dispose of heads
    * Team MAFIYA WORK is more competitive the Mafiya work but fundelmendaly the same thing
    * Cops n Crooks consists of one player being assigned as the boss while the other robbers protect him from the cops, they must take him to a secure location before he is killed.
    * Hangmans NOOSE is four players and consists of you having to protect Petrovic from the swat from the airport to a safe house
    * Free Mode is like single player with mates . Go anywhere do anything (EPIC!!!)
    * On customisation the more you play the more you unlock so experienced players will have more items to choose from.
    * Team Dethmatch is relentless, you cannot relax
    * In HANGMANS NOOSE they tore down the runway in a baggage handler shooting at the SWAT- The writer said it was the funniest thing he has seen in a video game
    * They saw an NPC tagging a shop wall and another ped taking photo's, peds now have a purpose
    * they shot a rocket at the npc it destroyed the front of the shop leaving a hole in the wall and set the body flying through the area, eventually hitting the ground in a lifeless clump
    * They played both versions Xbox and PS3 and said there's no difference (Kinda weird for Play magazine because they are usually really biased)
    * Police have lines of sight so hding in alley ways and roofs is possible though you must still get out of the radius
    * Rowing Boats are comfirmed as they used them to escape from the police after setting fire to hot dog stands biggrin.gif
    * Rockstar hinted at the amusmant park having loads to do within it

Source - gtaforums.com/ind…080

This is why im getting so excited!

BTW 360 here

Sounds awsome, burnout paradise has shown that large areas can be done (though burnout is less complicated), so hopefully they wont limit the areas online by much

360 here also

Original Poster

Titchimp;1791753

Sounds awsome, burnout paradise has shown that large areas can be done … Sounds awsome, burnout paradise has shown that large areas can be done (though burnout is less complicated), so hopefully they wont limit the areas online by much

Thats how I see it. Burnout paradise + pedestrians + rockets :w00t:

Donleeone;1791758

Thats how I see it. Burnout paradise + pedestrians + rockets :w00t:

+ Helecopters + Police + Rowing boats :?
    :-D

Original Poster

Exactly! The possibilities are endless! People That GTA forum were going to set up fight clubs and things like that.

I might turn this into a GTA 4 Dsicussion thread

Donleeone;1791775

People That GTA forum were going to set up fight clubs and things like … People That GTA forum were going to set up fight clubs and things like that.

Whats the first rule of GTA fightclub!??!?!?!!?!?!!!! :x

Original Poster

ahhh sorry tyler!!

Donleeone;1791787

ahhh sorry tyler!!

Stand outside maggot :-D

]http//up…png

For a large version of the map

Edit: is it just me or does the bit that says "beyond liberty city" look like a prison?

Original Poster

check the 'Entertainment & Nightlife" list on the left....

YAY!!! lol

"You can customize your character in multiplayer, from sex and race to hair and clothes."

My flatmate will love this, he spends about an hour at the start of a game making his person look perfect, i remember on saints row he was flicking between all the different earraings.. spent ages.. you cant even see they are wearing them in the game!

Original Poster

I love the sound of this..

In “Cops N Crooks,” you’ll be able to play cops and robbers, but in a wild way. One team plays as criminals on the run while the other team plays as the cops, whose mission is to kill the head of the criminal band. To make things even more interesting, cops can see the location of the criminals on their GPS, so criminals never know where or when police will sneak in

Donleeone;1791823

I love the sound of this..In “Cops N Crooks,” you’ll be able to play cops … I love the sound of this..In “Cops N Crooks,” you’ll be able to play cops and robbers, but in a wild way. One team plays as criminals on the run while the other team plays as the cops, whose mission is to kill the head of the criminal band. To make things even more interesting, cops can see the location of the criminals on their GPS, so criminals never know where or when police will sneak in

I think im going to have to stop talking about it now, i cant wait. lol, I'll have some crazy GTA dream :whistling:

I think you all have what is known as a "game boner" Hope it doesn't disappoint you.

alternate;1791868

I think you all have what is known as a "game boner" Hope it doesn't … I think you all have what is known as a "game boner" Hope it doesn't disappoint you.

:w00t:

Did anyone else notice the bug in the trailer

Titchimp;1791792

Edit: is it just me or does the bit that says "beyond liberty city" look … Edit: is it just me or does the bit that says "beyond liberty city" look like a prison?

The text underneath says "Alderney State [unreadable] Facility", so it could well be (Correctional Facility = prison).

Next month is going to be an expensive one!

GTA IV =£50
    COD4 EXPANTION PACK = £10
    XBOX LIVE 3 MONTH = £15
    3 DAYS OFF WORK TO PLAY = £120

I best start saving now. :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206571
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions