Gta v pc game code

Posted 2nd Sep 2018
Hi

i purchased gta v for pc last month from cd keys & recieved the code on email.

Does anybody know if the code has an expiry date? Or does it need to be activated asap?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Typically they won't do, but it's always best to use the key asap. This is especially the case with purchases from non-authorised resellers such as cdkeys, as while they're generally fine, occasionally there will be an issue with a key purchased from them and if you wait a long time after purchase, it may not be straightforward to resolve.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 2nd Sep 2018
Illusionary02/09/2018 20:37

Typically they won't do, but it's always best to use the key asap. This is …Typically they won't do, but it's always best to use the key asap. This is especially the case with purchases from non-authorised resellers such as cdkeys, as while they're generally fine, occasionally there will be an issue with a key purchased from them and if you wait a long time after purchase, it may not be straightforward to resolve.

I was hoping to use the key just before christmas to put on a new pc as i dont want to install it on mine as its for a present.
Deleted_02/09/2018 20:43

I was hoping to use the key just before christmas to put on a new pc as i …I was hoping to use the key just before christmas to put on a new pc as i dont want to install it on mine as its for a present.

It's up to you if you want to take the risk - it should be fairly small, but non-zero. You can of course redeem the key without installing it immediately, but I'm guessing that you're intending for this to be to an account that isn't your own?
Illusionary02/09/2018 20:46

It's up to you if you want to take the risk - it should be fairly small, …It's up to you if you want to take the risk - it should be fairly small, but non-zero. You can of course redeem the key without installing it immediately, but I'm guessing that you're intending for this to be to an account that isn't your own?

Yes, ive bought a gaming pc for my eldest for christmas and wanted to put gta on there
Deleted_02/09/2018 20:49

Yes, ive bought a gaming pc for my eldest for christmas and wanted to put …Yes, ive bought a gaming pc for my eldest for christmas and wanted to put gta on there

Okay, but remember that you redeem the key to a Steam account, not to a specific computer. Which account would this be? Does it already exist?

Also, you can use an account on more than one computer, so long as you only access it from one computer at a given time.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 2nd Sep 2018
Illusionary02/09/2018 21:04

Okay, but remember that you redeem the key to a Steam account, not to a …Okay, but remember that you redeem the key to a Steam account, not to a specific computer. Which account would this be? Does it already exist?Also, you can use an account on more than one computer, so long as you only access it from one computer at a given time.

Are you sure its a steam account? Im sure ive seen a thread saying you activate it via rockstar social
Deleted_02/09/2018 21:08

Are you sure its a steam account? Im sure ive seen a thread saying you …Are you sure its a steam account? Im sure ive seen a thread saying you activate it via rockstar social

Ah, you may be right - that does seem to be how the cdkeys listing is set up, and even for purchases directly on Steam they work in conjunction Rockstar Social Club to run the game. Either way, though, it'll be account- rather than device-bound.
Good luck with playing it on PC - it's a dog eat dog world on PS4 but it's a whole new kettle of fish on PC with all sorts of mods going on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants