Groups

GTX 1070

Hello, was wondering if someone could help?

I have 2 x 970 SLI but after ordering a HTC Vive realised that SLI doesn't work very well.

Now thinking of ordering a 1070 and sticking my old cards on Ebay.

My questions are as follows:

1 - Will I get a marked performance increase over my current setup with a 1070? Has any Vive owners taken this step themselves?
    2 - Does anyone know of any good deals that are available now. I have checked the search and most the deals are either expired or higher price than listed. It would be good if it is an overclocked one so I get better performance.

I cannot possibly afford a 1080 so it would be a 1070 at the maximum.

Thank you in advance.

7 Comments

Without Vive and with a game which takes full advantage of sli, you would see a performance decrease.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

Without Vive and with a game which takes full advantage of sli, you would … Without Vive and with a game which takes full advantage of sli, you would see a performance decrease.

Yeah I know, it's gonna be a bit of a tradeoff. I will be using the Vive most of the time so thinking that the change will be worth it.

One card I have seen is this one

Only thing is that it's ugly as hell and I have an open case. Also not sure if I will get a marked improvement in VR which is my biggest concern, can't find anything online either. Just running a Steam VR test and going to compare it to a 1070

Original Poster

MIDURIX

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IF66QAI/?tag=ho01f-21

Yeah thanks, saw that earlier.. temporarily out of stock

Original Poster

6.7 VR score - the 1070 scores 11. I think a 1070 will serve me a lot better.

Such a shame that SLI doesn't work very well with VR, that was the whole reason I got a second 970. Should have done my research first rather than presume it was better.

I was under the impression sli 970 was similar to Maxwell titan x, and the 1070 just pips the titan. I think you'll be glad once you get rid of sli, one less thing to worry about.

Leonintelex

6.7 VR score - the 1070 scores 11. I think a 1070 will serve me a lot … 6.7 VR score - the 1070 scores 11. I think a 1070 will serve me a lot better. Such a shame that SLI doesn't work very well with VR, that was the whole reason I got a second 970. Should have done my research first rather than presume it was better.

You'll probably get £200 each for you 970s.i would stretch to a 1080. You know you want to
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
      2. word association Game74044552
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions