GTX 1080, 1080TI or Wait?

Found 1st Jan
Looking to purchase a GPU for my sysem that is currently running on a 750, really lackign performance for games, and especially wanting ot try VR..

Do i get a 1080? 1080ti? or wait it out for the new GPU's? When are the likely to be announceD?

Looking for someone with a bit of expereience in this area to answer,

Many thasnks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Last I knew the new Gpu’s were going to a while after the 10 series as the 10 series were the new pascal architecture. I’d imagine if it was this year, it would be announced at E3, and released September time. But that’s a big if. In terms of performance 1080 or 1080ti will run all current vr seamlessly. I have a 1080 myself, I’d personally go with a 1080, but depends if you want to pay the extra. Triple a vr games require a 1070, recommend a 1080. But 1080ti will be more future proof, just worth assessing if the additional cost is worth it, or worth saving and upgrading to the next generation when it’s out, I think it’s going to be called the 20 series, so 2060 etc, but I haven5 looked recently to be honest.
NBEB36 m ago

Last I knew the new Gpu’s were going to a while after the 10 series as the …Last I knew the new Gpu’s were going to a while after the 10 series as the 10 series were the new pascal architecture. I’d imagine if it was this year, it would be announced at E3, and released September time. But that’s a big if. In terms of performance 1080 or 1080ti will run all current vr seamlessly. I have a 1080 myself, I’d personally go with a 1080, but depends if you want to pay the extra. Triple a vr games require a 1070, recommend a 1080. But 1080ti will be more future proof, just worth assessing if the additional cost is worth it, or worth saving and upgrading to the next generation when it’s out, I think it’s going to be called the 20 series, so 2060 etc, but I haven5 looked recently to be honest.

Every where ive read is early 2018 release, which makes me think about waiting apparently 30% more powerful than current models.

But if as you say its nearer a september launch i dont think i could wait that long, i am looking for VR use and possibky decent 4k capabalities.
GPUs are very expensive atm. It's best to wait for the prices to come down.
Wait a month before the next gen comes out. Sellers get worried and drop the prices a bit. Can't see the 2k series being cheaper as the market isn't drying up. I thnk you're looking at around £100+ on all new models or seeing crippled units.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions