GTX 1080 - More Amazon scamming?

Discussed the Oxfam seller scam on another question, however, I've just looked and now see this one. How are they getting away with this still?

amazon.co.uk/gp/…MD8

9 Comments

Because people are VERY GREEDY and lose all common sense. Fall for it you deserve to fall for it!

What's the scam? First I heard about it.

brutallogic

What's the scam? First I heard about it.

Sold by WE CAN NOT SEND ALL ADDRESSES. BEFORE "ADD TO BASKET": CONTACT … Sold by WE CAN NOT SEND ALL ADDRESSES. BEFORE "ADD TO BASKET": CONTACT US: ********[at]gmail.com!

They then get you to paypal the cash over... and you lose Amazon purchase protection, then they don't send your item.

Amazon need to seriously sit down at look at this cam, I was on with SWMBO, looking for a new LG TV earlier, and EVERY 4K LG TV had a "call us" scammer as the cheapest offer.

Its getting so that Ali Express is safer to buy from than Amazon!! (although both are still miles ahead of Ebay).

It's been pulled now.

Original Poster

Graham1979

Because people are VERY GREEDY and lose all common sense. Fall for it you … Because people are VERY GREEDY and lose all common sense. Fall for it you deserve to fall for it!

Whilst I don't disagree that it's an obvious scam to most, it could still catch a few out (think of the odd mum purchasing for her son and perhaps she has no idea what a 1080 is and thinks it's usual.....)

Amazon appear to be doing little to stop this kind of listing and it has to be reported time and time again. Reminds me of the fake chargers, where they did nothing until they were forced.

Well I suppose the best thing they could do is to put a banner over the third-party sold items warning people not to buy outside of Amazon.

what's wrong with that?

Its been fixed now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …66
    2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?34
    3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!88
    4. Recommend a free reminder app1417

See more discussions