Groups
    EXPIRED

GTX 970 for 157 pounds good value? Or should I go for GTX 1060?

OK. So I just jumped on Amazon Warehouse and bought a ASUS STRIX GTX 970 (which seems only has minor packaging damage) for 157 pounds using the 50 pounds off 200.
    I was looking originaly for a 1060 to replace my Radeon 7970 which is still a very good card but being old and using around 300W of electricity, it's generating so much heat inside the case it's starting to affect the CPU which is also not the most eco friendly (FX 6300) overclocked at 4.5 Ghz and it's touching it's peak temperature limit.
    I would have waited for black friday to see what pops up, but the Amazon Warehouse offer made me take the step.
    Question is... should I keep the 970 as I got it for good money? And it's not very far from a GTX 1060, at least not the 3 gb version.
    Should I cancel and wait for Black Friday hoping to snatch a 1060?
    Or should I not use the card and if something better appears on Black Friday, I can return the GTX 970?

Thanks!

4 Comments

It is very good value my friend, the 1060 is a better card but you are going to spend more for it, i personally don't think the 10 series cards are going to drop too much on Black Friday
    Edited by: "GamerJack95" 14th Nov 2016

Go for it

And remember when it arrives, have a an online chat with amazon customer service about how the condition isnt as described for another 20% off

Original Poster

fattyuk

Go for itAnd remember when it arrives, have a an online chat with amazon … Go for itAnd remember when it arrives, have a an online chat with amazon customer service about how the condition isnt as described for another 20% off

Sneeky!

for an extra £60 or so i would go for the 1060, that extra 2gb of ram will give the 1060 a longer life
    i can see the 970 struggling in titles coming up
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767482
      2. Bearded chat13
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932
      4. One thing you've forgotten1517

See more discussions