Groups

GU10 Led Spotlight Fittings

Hi, I need to replace 20 halogen spotlights downstairs which have 12v transformers. Speaking with an electrician he said he would only fit fire rated downlights. These range from £5 - £10 each and I'd need to widen the spotlight hole. I then came across Amazon selling 10x downlight fittings which are the same diameter as my existing spotlights but not fire rated - amazon.co.uk/gp/…top

So my question is whether I need fire rated spotlights for my 5w LED bulbs? My current halogen lights aren't fire rated.

Thanks

6 Comments

You can easily get GU10 spotlights to fit a 65mm cut out. Also it's not hard increasing the size of a existing cut out. Yes u pretty much need fire rated lights for almost all ceilings. Stick with fire rated even if they work out more.

Hi I have these firerated GU10 fittings in stainless colour if interested call me on O797O 7O13O2... thanks
    \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi, I need to replace 20 halogen spotlights downstairs which have 12v transformers. Speaking with an electrician he said he would only fit fire rated downlights. These range from £5 - £10 each and I'd need to widen the spotlight hole. I then came across Amazon selling 10x downlight fittings which are the same diameter as my existing spotlights but not fire rated - amazon.co.uk/gp/…top
    So my question is whether I need fire rated spotlights for my 5w LED bulbs? My current halogen lights aren't fire rated.
    Thanks
    \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09[/quote]

pack 10 from £39.99, and will fit your 65mm cut-out.

I've installed these with no issues.

Edited by: "andynicol" 9th Jul

Original Poster

andynicol7 m ago

pack 10 from £39.99, and will fit your 65mm cut-out.I've installed these …pack 10 from £39.99, and will fit your 65mm cut-out.I've installed these with no issues.

Well spotted! They look ideal for what I want :-)

andynicol9 h, 36 m ago

pack 10 from £39.99, and will fit your 65mm cut-out.I've installed these …pack 10 from £39.99, and will fit your 65mm cut-out.I've installed these with no issues.

They look good, however, they say suitable for led and halogen lamps. Nowadays people would not normally put halogens in any light fittings (although halogens are a lot cheaper) but they wouldn't last long and the fitting would get very hot

jasee

They look good, however, they say suitable for led and halogen lamps. … They look good, however, they say suitable for led and halogen lamps. Nowadays people would not normally put halogens in any light fittings (although halogens are a lot cheaper) but they wouldn't last long and the fitting would get very hot

Totally agree when using halogens, but the OP has stated he/she wants to use LED's which wouldn't be subject to the same heat build up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions