Groups

Guarantor Mortgage - Anyone have one or is the guarantor?

Hi

Guarantor Mortgage

Anyone have one or is the guarantor?

3 Comments

I have not signed up as the guarantor yet, but I believe Cheltenham and Gloucester BS (via Lloyds TSB) do offer that type of mortgage. There may be something on the web site?

The c+g one is called lend a hand. The parents put 20% into a 2 year fixed bond and 5% straight into the property. After the 2 years the 20% can be released (including interest) and the owner is free to remortgage. The bond is obviously secured so should the owner miss a payment or end up in serious negative equity.....bye bye 20%!!

gbspurs

The c+g one is called lend a hand. The parents put 20% into a 2 year … The c+g one is called lend a hand. The parents put 20% into a 2 year fixed bond and 5% straight into the property. After the 2 years the 20% can be released (including interest) and the owner is free to remortgage. The bond is obviously secured so should the owner miss a payment or end up in serious negative equity.....bye bye 20%!!

This isn't quite the same as a guarantor mortgage, it's a way to get a 95% mortgage.

When acting as a guarantor for someone you would be required to pay the mortgage payments if the original borrower doesn't pay. OP - drop me a PM if you have any specific guarantor queries and I'll do my best to help (I'm a mortgage underwriter BTW - it's as glamorous as you'd expect!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It was forty years ago today......516
      2. word survey46
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767301

See more discussions