Found 9th Jun 2008
As per the guess the album cover thread.

Rules are -

only UK released games

only front covers allowed

Consoles and computers ok, nothing before 16 bit era (no c64 or spectrum etc)

Correct guess before next one posted.

Clues allowed

Oh, and if no-one guesses in a reasonable amount of time, the poster gets another go

580 Comments

Original Poster

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2761/ddwtc3.jpg

should be a fairly easy one to start off with.......

secret of mana on the snes, okay what have i won

Original Poster

ttsese;2274296

secret of mana on the snes, okay what have i won

you win a chance to put one up yourself!

here you go -

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/501/scczt2.jpg

might have to think of another one because this one is borderlining on the rules it was still in circulation in the very early days of the megadrive

if you know my first one then wow you know your games, so here is my second try and yes ive played both games before :thumbsup: -

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4568/kawcnp1.jpg

Original Poster

ttsese;2274399

here you go - might have to think of another one because this one is … here you go - might have to think of another one because this one is borderlining on the rules it was still in circulation in the very early days of the megadrive

would have to go with lotus turbo challenge or supercars

ttsese;2274479

if you know my first one then wow you know your games, so here is my … if you know my first one then wow you know your games, so here is my second try and yes ive played both games before :thumbsup: -

ummmmmmm. knights of the round? I'd say deffo a snes game of sorts?

correct on supercars, the red blue and silver car colours is the best clue to guessing this game such a great game spawned 2 sequels as well. wrong on your second guess

Was it not King Arthurs world on the Snes ttsese

Mike..

Original Poster

ttsese;2279790

correct on supercars, the red blue and silver car colours is the best … correct on supercars, the red blue and silver car colours is the best clue to guessing this game such a great game spawned 2 sequels as well. wrong on your second guess

does that mean i get another go to put one up?

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;2279905

Was it not King Arthurs world on the Snes ttseseMike..

yeah, that's what I meant - knights of the round was an arcade game!

grex9101;2280093

yeah, that's what I meant - knights of the round was an arcade game!

See if you can get this then :P seeing as Nights of the Round WAS a snes game (was a conversion of Capcoims arcade game, so you half got it right with what you were saying) King arthurs world was a different kind of game all together if I remember correctly.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg25/MikeBeaver/puzzle3.jpg

Mike..

MikeBeaver;2280180

See if you can get this then :P seeing as Nights of the Round WAS a snes … See if you can get this then :P seeing as Nights of the Round WAS a snes game (was a conversion of Capcoims arcade game, so you half got it right with what you were saying) King arthurs world was a different kind of game all together if I remember correctly.Mike..

Spawn the Video Game

Mum2Connor&Cerys;2280190

Spawn the Video Game

Goodness gracious no, that is quite a large insult to the game in question, lol :P

Keep them coming....

Mike..

MikeBeaver;2280232

Goodness gracious no, that is quite a large insult to the game in … Goodness gracious no, that is quite a large insult to the game in question, lol :PKeep them coming....Mike..

Yeh,just 1st thing that come into mind what it might be,hence I answered 1 min after u put in.

lol, didn't notice that, he he.
Was a guess none the less, better than anyone else has done so far

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;2279905

Was it not King Arthurs world on the Snes ttseseMike..

MikeBeaver;2280180

See if you can get this then :P seeing as Nights of the Round WAS a snes … See if you can get this then :P seeing as Nights of the Round WAS a snes game (was a conversion of Capcoims arcade game, so you half got it right with what you were saying) King arthurs world was a different kind of game all together if I remember correctly.Mike..

yeah, was king arthurs world a lemmings-type game?.

as for the above, star ocean?

grex9101;2280358

yeah, was king arthurs world a lemmings-type game?.as for the above, star … yeah, was king arthurs world a lemmings-type game?.as for the above, star ocean?

It was a strategy game as far as I am aware, maybe ttsese could shed some light (I remember seeing the box when I worked in a games shop, never actually played it though) as for your guess, no sorry, not star ocean, please try again :P

Mike..

Is it Terranigma :?

f1stfull;2280641

Is it Terranigma :?

It is indeed, good work fella, now let's see what you can come up with for the next one

Mike..

Original Poster

this is getting quite good, although touch snes based!

yep your right grex king arthurs world was a lemmings-type game, fun to play i remember the background music was ride of the valkyries or something similiar its been maybe over 15 years since i played it on an usa import cart and also the snes is the best console in all time

Original Poster

ttsese;2280767

yep your right grex king arthurs world was a lemmings-type game, fun to … yep your right grex king arthurs world was a lemmings-type game, fun to play i remember the background music was ride of the valkyries or something similiar its been maybe over 15 years since i played it on an usa import cart

yeah, the old memory must be better than i thought - 15 years!?!!? WOW!!!

f1stfull - what you got for us?

grex9101;2280729

this is getting quite good, although touch snes based!

Well, I am rather biased to snes games personally, especially Terranigma, stupid thing goes for a small fortune on the bay, my mate was well happy last week, called me up to say he had got one of these for under £90, I just laughed at him, took a picture of mine and sent him a pic saying " oh well, I already had one!!" lol, he was not amused
Anyway, we need another, thought the chap who guessed correctly was gonna throw down the next challenge though....

Mike..

Probably too easy but...................
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9664/hukdzv8.jpg

Silpheed on Mega CD by any chance?

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;2280808

Silpheed on Mega CD by any chance?Mike..

right console, wrong game

it's sol-feace

Original Poster

here we go:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5660/puzzle4ot3.jpg

sorry about all the block-outs, the cover was very logo-heavy

MikeBeaver;2280808

Silpheed on Mega CD by any chance?Mike..

No, not that one.

grex9101;2280850

right console, wrong gameit's sol-feace

Yep!! :thumbsup:

grex9101;2280850

right console, wrong gameit's sol-feace

Damn, just too late. I used to love this game back in the day :-D

Pants, I knew it started with an "S" oh well, must be my mind getting old after I had my finals today (and passed with distinction) looks like it's your turn then, he he

Mike..

chop chop :):):)

Mike..

Original Poster

grex9101;2280856

here we go:sorry about all the block-outs, the cover was very logo-heavy

Simon the sorcerer.

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;2280967

Simon the sorcerer.Mike..

nope.... :-D

Cauldron?

In fact I know its not

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;2280980

Cauldron?

too old......

All I know is it was a PC/ ST/ Amiga game, so I am pretty ******ed for figuring out what it was, lol.

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;2280994

All I know is it was a PC/ ST/ Amiga game, so I am pretty ******ed for … All I know is it was a PC/ ST/ Amiga game, so I am pretty ******ed for figuring out what it was, lol.Mike..

umm, cross format - Amiga cd32, megadrive and megaCD

grex9101;2281003

umm, cross format - cd32, megadrive and megaCD

Lol, I just remember seeing the cover, this is going to do my nut if I don't remember it, lol,

Mike..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322841
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564105
    3. Add one, leave one game54315402
    4. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine33

See more discussions