Guess what?

Posted 19th Mar
Chest freezers are the new panic buy.
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
ALL freezers! Bloody ridiculous isn't it?
I’ve got 3, maybe time to cash in on one.
Kidding, where else can I keep my food.
Let’s be clear it’s 2 fridge freezers and a chest freezer. Had them for about 7+ years and I barely use one.
Can barely fit the narrow under cabinet one I've got in. No way I'm getting a second
I could do with loosing some weight
Damn I should invest in these toilet roll companies, pasta companies, freezer companies but ite not a good time to invest
Ocado shares been rising every day. Despite the fact they don't pay a dividend and are running on investors money.
My John Lewis delivery (of a much-needed replacement fridge) was two hours late on the weekend. The lovely, exhausted drivers told me they'd never had so many appliance deliveries.
Lol just telling my wife this morning that would be the next thing to sell out
They'll be no good when the electric runs out! Next panic buy = generators
.MUFC.19/03/2020 11:01

Surprised petrol hasn't been subject to panic buying and hoarding yet. I normally keep 3 jerry cans full in the garage anyway and use them in rotation as well as one in the car (who knows how reliabe a 45 year old gauge truly is) as its easier and quicker to fill them up when doing the car then use them to top off the bikes in the garage at home especially as the lad needs his bike for work.
harlzter19/03/2020 12:00

Surprised petrol hasn't been subject to panic buying and hoarding yet. I …Surprised petrol hasn't been subject to panic buying and hoarding yet. I normally keep 3 jerry cans full in the garage anyway and use them in rotation as well as one in the car (who knows how reliabe a 45 year old gauge truly is) as its easier and quicker to fill them up when doing the car then use them to top off the bikes in the garage at home especially as the lad needs his bike for work.

Don't give them ideas

Rumours that fuel will hit £1 a litre soon so then it might be worth stockpiling!
.MUFC.19/03/2020 12:05

Don't give them ideas ;)Rumours that fuel will hit £1 a litre soon so then …Don't give them ideas ;)Rumours that fuel will hit £1 a litre soon so then it might be worth stockpiling!

Time to look for deals on jerry cans then,
come on everyone - all these buying in bulk and putting inside chest freezers is only adding to the problem - while you've a ton of uneaten food gathering ice so people in society are struggling to find these items. i dare say that those well off will only be able to afford these chest freezers and have the money to stock them. Keep calm and carry on and lets see more community spirit isnt of looking after number one.. lets get some positives here in terms of humanity in these tough times.Was it like this during the war? Bet society has changed beyong recognition.
Dadlet19/03/2020 14:12

come on everyone - all these buying in bulk and putting inside chest …come on everyone - all these buying in bulk and putting inside chest freezers is only adding to the problem - while you've a ton of uneaten food gathering ice so people in society are struggling to find these items. i dare say that those well off will only be able to afford these chest freezers and have the money to stock them. Keep calm and carry on and lets see more community spirit isnt of looking after number one.. lets get some positives here in terms of humanity in these tough times.Was it like this during the war? Bet society has changed beyong recognition.

I'm not well off and I have a 200 litre chest freezer I got on offer about 1.5 years ago.

I always keep it nearly full, because I only buy things on offer, and stock up fully. Haven't bought any extra during this "crisis", just my normal.

My 440 nuggets, 280 dippers, 80 burgers, a few dozen pasties, 2 loaves, 20 breaded turkey steaks, burger baps, 100 chicken fingers and 200 fish fingers will keep me going a while - probably 6 months.

Also, I think there's a whole duck and a whole chicken and some turkey legs in there *somewhere* plus a whole load of other things.
.MUFC.19/03/2020 11:01

Then, jerry cans.
Lol
Webcams are sold out everywhere, can't find anything for a reasonable price.
sammy12519/03/2020 15:02

I'm not well off and I have a 200 litre chest freezer I got on offer about …I'm not well off and I have a 200 litre chest freezer I got on offer about 1.5 years ago.I always keep it nearly full, because I only buy things on offer, and stock up fully. Haven't bought any extra during this "crisis", just my normal.My 440 nuggets, 280 dippers, 80 burgers, a few dozen pasties, 2 loaves, 20 breaded turkey steaks, burger baps, 100 chicken fingers and 200 fish fingers will keep me going a while - probably 6 months.Also, I think there's a whole duck and a whole chicken and some turkey legs in there *somewhere* plus a whole load of other things.

Perhaps reading this might make you think...bbc.co.uk/new…ves
Dadlet20/03/2020 07:18

Perhaps reading this might make you …Perhaps reading this might make you think...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51966337/coronavirus-nurse-s-despair-as-panic-buyers-clear-shelves

The point I was making was that I haven't been panic buying or clearing shelves.

Everything was bought over the past 6 months when the various offers came around on products I always buy, I'm guessing you missed the part where I said I didn't buy any extra.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants