Guide for cleaning Nintendo DS?

6 replies
Found 10th Apr 2008
My nephews DS is getting a little grubby, with visible dirt in between the outer and inner casing. As its a white DS I'd like to take it apart and clean it - can anyone recommend a link to a good guide for dissasembly (I hate those low quality YouTube demonstrations).
I've ordered the two Nintendo screw drivers off DX but would like to get a idea before of what is required before hand.

5 Comments

First time I opened my DS to clean it I ended up breaking the power switch (quite easy to do apparently)..Luckily I'm pretty handy with electronics and managed to solder on a new switch.

Wouldn't recommend it by any means.. Its quite fiddly in there and easy to break!

btw if you still fancy it, this is the video that i used to do the disassembly;
youtube.com/wat…PsM

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.
I will rise to the challenge!!
Would love to find a photo based guide with high res photos of each step.

MoneySavingG;1871774

Thanks for the replies guys.I will rise to the challenge!!Would love to … Thanks for the replies guys.I will rise to the challenge!!Would love to find a photo based guide with high res photos of each step.

Here's pics : :thumbsup:

Ignore the video .......just scroll down the page :

modd3d.com/art…ite

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;1871864

Here's pics : :thumbsup:Ignore the video .......just scroll down the page … Here's pics : :thumbsup:Ignore the video .......just scroll down the page :http://www.modd3d.com/articles/item/overclock-your-nintendo-ds-lite

Perfecto! :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183
    2. £2.00 Cash Back fron Topcashback on Pumpkins via the app12
    3. Marmite1722
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2382

See more discussions