Groups

guitar help!

seeing as its taking so long to register on harmony central i thought id post on here for help.
    Im looking for an elecro acoustic guitar for £200 or under can anyone recommend one?
    ive been looking at yamaha guitars as my mate has one, the FGX720 SCA, which plays very nice but its well played in. I was wondering if their is a cheaper alternative...
    thanks for your help

11 Comments

I have an Electro Acoustic gutiar selling it for £50 if your interested Encore ENC165EAR

Stick with the Yams. Any cheaper and it will put you off. (too difficult to play, sounds like carp etc.) Buy the best you can afford...I am not saying that you can't get a good guitar for £100, but only second hand. So, if you don't mind second hand, you will pick up a better quality guitar for cheaper on places like evilbay, gumtree etc.
    Yamaha's are a great place to start, and as long as you get a "solid top" model, you will be sorted.
    :thumbsup:

[url]www.chordie.com[/url] great site

Original Poster

no thanks

Just noticed, "electro acoustic". Is there any particular reason that you want an electro acoustic? Have you got an amp, are you going to be playing live? Personally, I would spend the money on a better acoustic. If you stick with it, and get good, there are loads of ways that you can "amplify" your acoustic sound, to save you having to have a specific electro acoustic guitar.
    I have owned a Yamaha APX10 and an APX4. A good place to start if you really really want an electro acoustic...

+1 on Rehydrated's point about electro acoustics. Me, I wouldn't touch one. Low-end electro-acoustics output a foul sound, and even high-end ones don't sound that good. The acoustic guitar sound you hear on records is usually a blend of two microphones, one pointed at the 12th fret of the neck another pointed at the bridge or the sound hole, and you can't recreate that with an under-saddle piezo.

Me, I'd buy a straight-forward acoustic second-hand from Gumtree. You can usually get some cracking deals from there, although, you'll want to be patient.

Try and get a Takameme - great guitars - dont just buy for NOW buy something thart you will want to keep:thumbsup:

Something like this is ok
    imuso.co.uk/Pro…383

I would agree with others that you do pay for what you get but if you are just starting out then this is good enough but i do suggest taking it to a local Luthier to get it set up well as it will play much better
    Have a search on the site for more styles/types and do not go less than say £150 and get at least a solid spruce top

octobergirl;3981860

Try and get a Takameme - great guitars - dont just buy for NOW buy … Try and get a Takameme - great guitars - dont just buy for NOW buy something thart you will want to keep:thumbsup:

I have a takemine and they are fantastic!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hi thanks for the advice. no ive been playing for over 10 years so not a beginner, im looking to play live in an acoustic duo type affair. as i say my mate will be using his yamaha FGX720 SCA so was looking for something similar with a nice action.
    as for takys i had a esf40c which i sold because the action wasnt suitable, but it did sound very sweet.

Original Poster

rehydrated;3981658

Just noticed, "electro acoustic". Is there any particular reason that … Just noticed, "electro acoustic". Is there any particular reason that you want an electro acoustic? Have you got an amp, are you going to be playing live? Personally, I would spend the money on a better acoustic. If you stick with it, and get good, there are loads of ways that you can "amplify" your acoustic sound, to save you having to have a specific electro acoustic guitar.I have owned a Yamaha APX10 and an APX4. A good place to start if you really really want an electro acoustic...

ill prob be playing straight through the pa, just need a bright sound.
    i was after a big bodied guitar, like a dreadnought or jumbo..

I have a Landola JA-60 Jubilee that I am selling. As you have been playing for a while, you might be more inclined to treat yourself to a better guitar...
    I bought it new in Holland about 5 years ago. It is one of 100 made, limited edition 60th anniversary model. The JA, is the Jumbo. More info here -
    landola.fi/gui…tml
    I don't want to scare you away with the price, so go and have a look and come back to me if interested...
    Not electro acoustic, but a mint £1500 guitar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would78
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767355
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846377
      5. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2630

See more discussions