Groups

Guitar Hero World Tour on Wii or Guitar Hero 3 - Legends on PS3 ???

Banned
    Just need to know which is best, GH3 Legends on PS3 or GH World Tour on Wii.

What you all reckon???

I have it unopened on Wii but now have a PS3 and wondering whether to go for GH3 on PS3 (as only £32.99 Brand New), dependant on which you guys reckon is best.

I know World Tour is newer than GH3 and is supposedly much better on Wii but does the PS3 make a difference when it comes to GH3.

Thanks in advance!

22 Comments

Not really much difference between the consoles, track listing is pretty good on both (probably a few more classics on 3 but some good tunes of 4 also), Guitar is definately a lot better on GH4. I'd try and buy GH3 for the Wii if you can find it for same price, then you have both games and 2 guitars!

They're all the same game underneath.

IMO the PS3 version has better visuals due to it's specs up against the Wii - better audio as well if you got your PS3 linked to a sound system via an optical cable.

Both games are as good as each other. You can add other instruments to World Tour tho.

GH3 on PS3 is a bargain at that price tbh.

Original Poster Banned

Hmmm. Will have to have a think then.

Thought visuals would be better on PS3 but with GH3 being older than WT, wasn't sure what was best to go for

bacardi_lover;4152360

Hmmm. Will have to have a think then.Thought visuals would be better on … Hmmm. Will have to have a think then.Thought visuals would be better on PS3 but with GH3 being older than WT, wasn't sure what was best to go for

Are you able to return the Wii GHWT?

Original Poster Banned

jah128;4152191

Not really much difference between the consoles, track listing is pretty … Not really much difference between the consoles, track listing is pretty good on both (probably a few more classics on 3 but some good tunes of 4 also), Guitar is definately a lot better on GH4. I'd try and buy GH3 for the Wii if you can find it for same price, then you have both games and 2 guitars!

Can get GH3 on Wii for £35. So you think have both on Wii is good idea?

Original Poster Banned

robtallica;4152410

Are you able to return the Wii GHWT?

No but could sell it on for more than I paid tbh.

bacardi_lover;4152442

No but could sell it on for more than I paid tbh.

Well if I had the choice of Wii or PS3 beforehand - I'd buy the PS3 version everytime.

No need to plug in the wii-mote and remove afterwards - everytime you use it.

I have both on Wii, so if you keep them tell me your friend code and we can battle!

robtallica;4152490

Well if I had the choice of Wii or PS3 beforehand - I'd buy the PS3 … Well if I had the choice of Wii or PS3 beforehand - I'd buy the PS3 version everytime.No need to plug in the wii-mote and remove afterwards - everytime you use it.

Agreed.....just hoping my £85 bundle from Next doesn't get cancelled

Original Poster Banned

robtallica;4152490

Well if I had the choice of Wii or PS3 beforehand - I'd buy the PS3 … Well if I had the choice of Wii or PS3 beforehand - I'd buy the PS3 version everytime.No need to plug in the wii-mote and remove afterwards - everytime you use it.

Ok, cool. So you think that going from WT on Wii to GH3 on PS3 isn't a step backwards, playability-wise or anything?

midlandscomics;4152519

One of the bargains of the year IMO. Great game - the drums will annoy the hell out of you for your first few hours on a decent difficulty setting.

Original Poster Banned

midlandscomics;4152519

£85 Bundle - Is that for the complete band version(drums etc)

I would go for the ps3 edition, better visuals and better online play

midlandscomics;4152519

you're just too scared to battle me

bacardi_lover;4152528

Ok, cool. So you think that going from WT on Wii to GH3 on PS3 isn't a … Ok, cool. So you think that going from WT on Wii to GH3 on PS3 isn't a step backwards, playability-wise or anything?

One way to decide is to look at the track-listing

]Guitar Hero 3 tracklist

]Guitar Hero World Tour tracklist

Downloadable content differs and is console specific. Best to research.

robtallica;4152548

One of the bargains of the year IMO. Great game - the drums will annoy … One of the bargains of the year IMO. Great game - the drums will annoy the hell out of you for your first few hours on a decent difficulty setting.

The drums will annoy the hell out of me anyway, as it's my 5-year-old who has been pestering me for them for ages :-D

bacardi_lover;4152550

£85 Bundle - Is that for the complete band version(drums etc)

Complete kit - drums, guitar, mic and game.... deal was posted earlier but is now OOS (was on the next sale online).

Tanchi;4152587

I would go for the ps3 edition, better visuals and better online play

OP is thinking of going from Wii GHWT>>PS3 GH3

So it's getting confusing lol.

cassieismydoggie;4152594

you're just too scared to battle me

You got it on Wii though.....I've ordered PS3

Would need to perfect easy first before I was up for a battle anyways :whistling:

midlandscomics;4152606

The drums will annoy the hell out of me anyway, as it's my 5-year-old who … The drums will annoy the hell out of me anyway, as it's my 5-year-old who has been pestering me for them for ages :-D

Shouldn't be that bad actually - the drum pads are thick rubber pads.

Will make a lot of sound if it's played in certain places though i.e. in an upstairs bedroom that's floorboarded obviously.

The guitar is fantastic - looks the nutz too.

Original Poster Banned

Cheers for this everyone. I got the Wii WT with guitar on a mis-price in my local Saisnburys a while ago but haven't had chance to play yet. Cost me £37 tbh and can easily sell on "you-know-where" for more than that.
    Can get GH3 on PS3 for £33 so sounding like this would be well worth doing.

bacardi_lover;4152858

Cheers for this everyone. I got the Wii WT with guitar on a mis-price in … Cheers for this everyone. I got the Wii WT with guitar on a mis-price in my local Saisnburys a while ago but haven't had chance to play yet. Cost me £37 tbh and can easily sell on "you-know-where" for more than that.Can get GH3 on PS3 for £33 so sounding like this would be well worth doing.

£37 for Wii GH4 is very good. I'd get GH3 Wii for £35 and have both (good to have 2 guitars as well) but as others say you do need to swap your WiiMotes in and out - as far as gameplay/graphics is concerned it is much of a muchness (who really gives a toss about graphics in guitar hero? its all about the tunes!)

Guitar hero 3 is on offer at wilkinsonsplus for £39.99
    here is the link
    wilkinsonplus.com/inv…251
    hope this helps x x x
    it comes with the guitar too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition pre order glitch59
      2. Android Box539
      3. Fitted Sheet55