Groups

Guitar packaging for posting?

I'm looking at selling an electric guitar online as I've tried to sell it locally and had no interest, thing is I've got no box to put it in, anyone know where I can buy a box to ship a guitar in?

I've tried my local music shop but no joy

14 Comments

Just put layers and layers of bubblewrap around it and maybe some brown paper

try your local guitar shop ... they may have discarded shipping boxes
    Edited by: "mosskeeto" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

I've got a load of bubble wrap but was really looking to stick it in a box too

I did say in the op I'd tried my local music shop

I know it probably sounds daft but what if you made one, get a few cardboard boxes enough for the body and the fret board and some strong gaffa tape?

what guitar is it firstly
    and you could buy a proper guitar bag for it if you really wanted to protect it

are you near a shop that sells things that might be a similar size - long shot, but like a surf board or furniture shop that would have a big box from a delivery you could adapt ?

Try a florist, see if they have any thin long boxes

Original Poster

aunty jane

I know it probably sounds daft but what if you made one, get a few … I know it probably sounds daft but what if you made one, get a few cardboard boxes enough for the body and the fret board and some strong gaffa tape?

yeah was thinking that, i just thought there might be somewhere to buy one that fits a guitar, looked on ebay and they are all just packing boxes

nebno6

what guitar is it firstlyand you could buy a proper guitar bag for it if … what guitar is it firstlyand you could buy a proper guitar bag for it if you really wanted to protect it

It's an iaxe393 electric guitar, a proper guitar bag is not going to protect it in the post

aunty jane

I know it probably sounds daft but what if you made one, get a few … I know it probably sounds daft but what if you made one, get a few cardboard boxes enough for the body and the fret board and some strong gaffa tape?

Same as this ^^, seen a warehouse manager in one of my old companies make a few cracking boxes to send guitars for one the other guys in. At first I thought he was making a coffin but they turned out amazing. Real piece of work.

If a music shop can't help you try Blockbuster and see if they have one those MASSIVE popcorn display boxes. You should be able to make one out of that.

Original Poster

Unfortunaely we don't have a blockbuster over here, I might try and hunt around for boxes to make something

Trust me flower shop boxes that hold lillies

Original Poster

skellysgirl

Trust me flower shop boxes that hold lillies

Ok thanks, I'll try and get hold of some of them

souljacker

I've got a load of bubble wrap but was really looking to stick it in a … I've got a load of bubble wrap but was really looking to stick it in a box tooI did say in the op I'd tried my local music shop

sorry mate ...so you did!

Original Poster

mosskeeto

sorry mate ...so you did!

no probs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?712
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1721
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions