Groups

Gumtree Rant

Just a little rant

I have just started selling on gumtree and cannot believe how stupid sum people think we are, i put my phone up for sale and have already had 3 people asking me to post to Nigeria lol, for family or a shop etc. One woman has sent me 3 emails telling me how safe it is to post and use paypal, just replied and told her its sold and try and scam someone else lol

Im just thankful that i use this site so know of all the scams so thank u fellow HUKDers

12 Comments

Make out like you are going to send it.
    I have a laugh seeing how long I can keep stringing them along for.

Your welcome!:D

ps watch out for Hotukdeals scam

i have had the seam thing, put up laptops for sale,tell them no paypal or bank transfer, credit or debit card or cash only that shuts them up

Original Poster

dougle34

i have had the seam thing, put up laptops for sale,tell them no paypal or … i have had the seam thing, put up laptops for sale,tell them no paypal or bank transfer, credit or debit card or cash only that shuts them up

it says on my ad collection only and no paypal, and when i emailed saying no its collection she just replies with i will give you extra money to post lol

gotta agree with u..misc has opened my eyes to a few scams as well.

You didnt end with "end of rant" how am I meant to know you've finished having a rant now!?! Jeez! End of rant!

Original Poster

dh058977

You didnt end with "end of rant" how am I meant to know you've finished … You didnt end with "end of rant" how am I meant to know you've finished having a rant now!?! Jeez! End of rant!

oh very sorry, end of rant lol

Send them some carp in a bag.

That's why I stopped using gumtree totally! My partner nearly got scammed. Now I am using other safe sites like bonsoni.com

Stringing them along is fun, you never know, you might fall in love with them while they rob you blind

ssmiths

That's why I stopped using gumtree totally! My partner nearly got … That's why I stopped using gumtree totally! My partner nearly got scammed. Now I am using other safe sites like bonsoni.com

But bonsoni is a bit rubbish...

Banned

I let them send me fake paypal emails and thank them for the quick payment. I then tell them I will post out to them the next day. A f ew days later they start sending me their own version of paypals "t&c's" stating that I must confirm shipment etc asking me for tracking number. After a few more emails backwards and forth, i email them "thanks for the money and haha i scammed you i wont be sending you the phone/laptop/used condom"

At the end of it all, we both walk away thinking perhaps the same thing of one another. I like to keep things fair.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions