Groups

Gumtree scams

Listed a phone on gumtree, the amount of scam emails I have saying they work abroad and it's for there dads, sisters, aunties , cousins , friend is a joke.

So how does it work ? Do they actually send the money and then I am expected to send the item to Nigeria and they what ? Reverse the payment or something?

Are people really this stupid?

9 Comments

Fake Paypal payment notification email I assume, or they claim it wasn't received and Paypal side with them, refunding them

I was lookin for an apartment on gumtree n same issue askin me to send them money though to confirm NO CHANCE anybody who falls for it really needs to learn a few things bout online scams

Yeah I've had similar with Gumtree. Infact the same guy tried it about 3 times lol!! What scares me is that there must be people out there who think it is genuine and fall for it.

I was offered a million pounds if I would hold 10 million in my bank account for them....oh it was soooo tempting

SuperEd

had numerous emails/messages from gumtree about them not being in the country and will i send abroad FFS

Banned

i always get it about houses im trying to rent

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

So you don't know how it works, yet you call people stupid?

Dont know how it works because I ain't a scammer, going by responses there is more than one way they could scam you.

People who fall for it are stupid is what I ment, if you didn't know what I ment then what are you ?

Banned

should be meant

Original Poster

toshapetriji

should be meant

Adn hte spllieng aawdr gseo two/too/to/2
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534
      3. word association Game72944192
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions