GWENT: The Witcher card game - Kill the Servers! stress test, 23/27 September

6 replies
Found 21st Sep 2016
Just a quick heads-up about this scheduled event, following the delay of the free-to-play card game spin-off from The Witcher. You'll need a key to take part (distributed from tomorrow, 22 September, via Twitter and FaceBook - I expect that these will be plentiful), but this could be a good opportunity to try out the game at an early-ish stage.

playgwent.com/en/…ers

------------
Full details as follows from the promotional email:
------------
Hey folks!

Hope everything’s well on your end!

Us? A bit anxious -- we’re on the verge of launching the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and we’re cooking up a special event connected to that. It’s called Kill the Servers!, it’s taking place on September 23rd and 27th, and it will allow some of you to play GWENT even before the Closed Beta!

Metaphorically speaking, Kill the Servers! is designed to punch our hosting backend in the gut. We want to see how everything reacts to a lot of you joining the battlefield simultaneously. Once you blow out the fuses, and you probably will, we can fix things so the Closed Beta runs smooth when we launch on October 25th.

Long story short, we want to stress test the servers and we need your help to make that happen.

Help us, will ya?

6 Comments

Original Poster

Event schedule

22 September: codes available (follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information regarding code availability)
23 September: event day 1 (the event is expected to start at 5PM CEST and end at 9PM CEST)
27 September: event day 2 (the event is expected to start at 8PM CEST and end at 12AM CEST)

Silly question. But what platform is this?

Original Poster

Johnny_boy

Silly question. But what platform is this?

FAQ

WHAT PLATFORMS IS THE SPECIAL EVENT LAUNCHED ON?
We’re launching the event on PC only.

Original Poster

In fact, others might find the full FAQ helpful, though of course it's just a click away:

WHAT PLATFORMS IS THE SPECIAL EVENT LAUNCHED ON?
We’re launching the event on PC only.

DOES PARTICIPATING IN KILL THE SERVERS! MEAN I GET INTO THE CLOSED BETA?
No, it does not. Participating in KtS! does not grant you access to the Closed Beta -- although you do need to be signed up for the Closed Beta to be able to apply for KtS! Access. In short, Closed Beta and KtS! are two different things. But don’t worry if you don’t manage to get into KtS!, the Closed Beta will have plenty of spots for everyone.

IS THE NUMBER OF KTS! ACCESS KEYS UNLIMITED?
No, the number of keys is limited -- access will be granted based on a first come, first served basis. We will publish exact hours of code distribution via our social media (Twitter and Facebook).

HOW LONG WILL THE EVENT LAST?
The event takes place this Friday, 23.09 from 5PM to 9PM CEST and Tuesday, 27.09 from 8PM to 12AM CEST.

WILL I BE ABLE TO CREATE MY OWN DECK DURING KTS?
No, KtS! is a stress test event and we’re not planning to enable deck building functionality for its duration.

WILL YOU WIPE MY PROGRESS AFTER THE EVENT ENDS?
As players will have no possibility of deck creation or level progressing during KtS!, we plan no data wipes (there will simply be nothing to erase).

WILL I BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS BUILD OF GWENT AFTER THE EVENT?
After KtS! concludes, the test game will be removed from your shelf. No worries though, Closed Beta is coming soon, so there will be plenty of opportunities to play!

Thank you

Original Poster

Registration is now open, at the link in the description (GOG account required).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …24
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769471
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247632
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868

See more discussions