Gym headphones for sensitive ears, help.

Posted 23rd Oct
can anybody recommend any headphones/earphones suitable for the gym?

I have dermititis in my inner ear (after effect from meningitis) I can't put anything in my ears so need something on the outer ear.

I have wireless on-ear headphones but not suitable for gym, sweating and they fall off.

struggling find anything suitable. any advice?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Over ear headphones
Don't need headphones in the gym
Apple EarPods your best bet
I have a set of Philips SHB3060BK, great for walking dog and commuting on train but the standard band type over/on ear headphones are no good for gym.
brailer23/10/2019 12:16

You do when you need to drown out the noise from the cardio machine motors. Also music helps me to keep pushing on.
Try R9 bone conducting headphones, the sit on the bone just Infront of your ear.
They won't block background noise though (unless you put in ear plugs)
Edited by: "esar" 23rd Oct
vive.com/uk/…BwE

Just cut holes in the front and you're all set
esar23/10/2019 13:14

Try R9 bone conducting headphones, the sit on the bone just Infront of …Try R9 bone conducting headphones, the sit on the bone just Infront of your ear.They won't block background noise though (unless you put in ear plugs)

Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of bone conducting headphones before but will research the technology and check reviews.
Gom8z23/10/2019 14:29

https://www.vive.com/uk/vive-deluxe-audio-strap/?gclid=CjwKCAjw9L_tBRBXEiwAOWVVCRiePewJqpLZIrVcn_oUd2Fkqj0AAeseZIg9eSckhX0RUMwnbCK5hxoC_pgQAvD_BwEJust cut holes in the front and you're all set

Think I'd get banned from my gym if I did this certainly get some funny looks!!
scfcmd23/10/2019 14:56

Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of bone conducting headphones …Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of bone conducting headphones before but will research the technology and check reviews.

bone conducting are good. However you will still hear other noises and your music at the same time.
Apparently Aftershokz are the best
scfcmd23/10/2019 14:56

Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of bone conducting headphones …Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of bone conducting headphones before but will research the technology and check reviews.

These are fairly decent and will help you stay clear of putting anything into the ears. As pointed out earlier, the ambient sounds can still be heard as the ears are still open. This can be a problem in certain gyms.
You can try these out in certain stores e.g. Costco have them on display fairly regularly.
brailer23/10/2019 12:16

You do, just to block out the cacophony that passes for "music" in there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants