Groups

Gym membership - Fitness First/Bannatyne/David Lloyd - which one?

My membership at Fitness First is coming up for renewal soon and I wondered about switching to another gym in my area. What are the pros & cons of any of the above? I will be an off-peak member, just doing basic stuff to tone up/lose weight - so do any of them work out financially better? Or does any of them do a better membership deal? Any relevant thoughts or comments are appreciated.

6 Comments

avoid bannatynes.

I'm stuck with them! LEECHES!

Really hard to cancel membership. I heard Virgin are really good with just monthly renewal.

ludichris;2984123

avoid bannatynes.I'm stuck with them! LEECHES!Really hard to cancel … avoid bannatynes.I'm stuck with them! LEECHES!Really hard to cancel membership. I heard Virgin are really good with just monthly renewal.

lol how can it be hard, you walk in and say i wanna quit please, and unless you are under contract what are they gonna do???

kungfu;2984216

lol how can it be hard, you walk in and say i wanna quit please, and … lol how can it be hard, you walk in and say i wanna quit please, and unless you are under contract what are they gonna do???

You sign up for a year and are told 3 months notice so yes there is a contract. It turns out the 3 months is at the end of the first year and you have to notify 3 months before the year is up otherwise your tied in again. I'm going to my doctors to get a sickline with some reason I cant go so I can get out on compassionate grounds.

Honestly! LEECHES!

ludichris;2984241

You sign up for a year and are told 3 months notice so yes there is a … You sign up for a year and are told 3 months notice so yes there is a contract. It turns out the 3 months is at the end of the first year and you have to notify 3 months before the year is up otherwise your tied in again. I'm going to my doctors to get a sickline with some reason I cant go so I can get out on compassionate grounds. Honestly! LEECHES!

Lol its all in the contract you signed :thumbsup:

kungfu;2984263

Lol its all in the contract you signed :thumbsup:

was tryin to keep fit long term. thought i could cancel after 1 year but then discovered the small print.

:x

bit stupid I know! :?

Original Poster

I'll bear that in mind - I don't want to be screwed by being tied in like that ludichris - nightmare! I suppose they all have their little "tie in" times - but the yearly thing - no thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767286
      2. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407240
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424314491
      4. What would be HELL to you?1213

See more discussions