Groups
    EXPIRED

'Gypsy toast' !!, what do you call it ??

Basically kids askd for 'Gypsy toast' this morning, Daughters friend who had stayed over said '' err dont know if like it , never tried it'' when i served it up she said '' oh love this, its 'eggy bread' !!!'' , kids said no its 'Gypsy toast' anyway debate broke out , lol, so just wondring if anyone else calld it Gypsy toast also ( or were my parents just trying to be posh as thats what we called it when i was a kid ! ) I do recall when i met my Hubby (many moons ago ) him calling it 'egg slices' !! but soon converted him to my way , lol, so is there anyone who also knows it as gypsy toast out there please ?

138 Comments

Banned

Never heard of it.

You mean French Toast

French toast

eggy bread

eggy bread for me

Original Poster

DLM

Never heard of it.

were you beat a few eggs with a bit of butter and then dip in a slice of bread both sides and fry it , (_;)

Mod & Ed

french toast

it's eggy bread in n.i.

french toast

Original Poster

Celticsun

You mean French Toast

lol, dont confuse me even more , i thought that as something completly different !

Eggy bread in my house

Yum I love french toast

Original Poster

master_chief

Google came up with this...

Cheers MC , so i am right , but seems like not a lot of other people call it this !

lol, just had another look and they have a facebook ' appreciation of gypsy toast page ' wtf !!!1

Banned

boothy

French toast

Thats Fried Bread *or French Toast*

SuperEd

eggy bread

Banned

shopstilldrops

were you beat a few eggs with a bit of butter and then dip in a slice of … were you beat a few eggs with a bit of butter and then dip in a slice of bread both sides and fry it , (_;)

Sounds unhealthy.

I will have to try it.

Eggy bread here!

eggs and bread = eggy bread

rest is nonsense

Original Poster

D4ND4N

Thats Fried Bread *or French Toast*

Fried bread is just ...............well bread fried !:p

Original Poster

Alfonse

eggs and bread = eggy breadrest is nonsense

not nonsense. have you looked at the link from m-c above

Original Poster

DLM

Sounds unhealthy.I will have to try it.

Suppose it is in a way, but its lovely , kids love it as treat at weekend for breakfast (_;)

shopstilldrops

not nonsense. have you looked at the link from m-c above

I'm a simple man for complex reasons, eggs and bread is simply eggy bread, the rest is BS

french toast

French toast here buddy!

Eggy bread but I have never had it,

eggs ,milk , bread ....french toast xxx mmmmmmmmm

Yeah it's definitely French toast... Hmmm I wonder in France do they call it French toast or just toast

french toast here in scotland but i heard it called eggy bread on royle family once

eggy bread, posh name french toast !

jamstaruk1972

french toast here in scotland but i heard it called eggy bread on royle … french toast here in scotland but i heard it called eggy bread on royle family once

I'm from Scotland and everyone I know calls it eggy bread.

Hmm, you mean Poor Knights of Windsor?

French Toast - eggy bread makes it sound rank

DAMN!!!!!!!! Now I'm hungry

May I contribute the following:

Toast, heavily buttered and with cinnamon generously sprinkled over it.

Grated cheese, mixed with a beaten egg and slowly grilled on top of a slice of toast

parents called it gypsy toast, we call it eggy bread but know its french toast, everybody is right its all the same thing and yummy

yep gyspy toast here too.

Eggy bread

French toast !!!

Banned

I've never actually had it but I'm intrigued to try it now. What's the best bread for the job?

master_chief

I've never actually had it but I'm intrigued to try it now. What's the … I've never actually had it but I'm intrigued to try it now. What's the best bread for the job?

Slightly stale bread apparantly due to how it absorbs the mixture so it doesnt end up soggy.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. What would be HELL to you?2635
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions