H and M Type XD Camera Cards - Any Experts?

Found 28th Dec 2007
I'm looking to buy another card for a Fuji camera that takes both H and M type cards. I've just read on one of the retailers web-sites that they're stopping making the H type and continuing the M type. I don't understand this, as the H type is 3x faster (therefore better) and is the newest card. They are both similarly priced

Anybody know why they would discontinue the newest and fastest version of the card?

3 Comments

I have the H type in my Fuji F20 and it works fine...maybe the M one is now up to the H speed so why continue with 2 types...have you tried googling for an answer?

The H type isn't 3x faster:

Type Capacity read write
M 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB 2.5 4
H 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB 4 5

At a guess, type M is cheaper to produce - xd is a dying format, even Fuji now offer SD options for their cameras. With that in mind it's possibly not worth companies producing type H.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;1388546

The H type isn't 3x faster:Type Capacity … The H type isn't 3x faster:Type Capacity read writeM 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB 2.5 4H 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB 4 5At a guess, type M is cheaper to produce - xd is a dying format, even Fuji now offer SD options for their cameras. With that in mind it's possibly not worth companies producing type H.John

Strange as I noticed a significant speed difference between different cards when taking shots on my F20. best to get a type H anyway as there is hardly any price differential now. £11.99 for type H 1GB delivered!

play.com/Ele…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text