H Samuel ring returns

Found 31st Aug 2011
Anyone know what they are like for returns? Got a ring, a few weeks ago. Was immediately sent off for resizing as they never had my size. However the jeweller has done an awful job. The ring is now very thin (it went up a a a few sizes) and also one side of the ring is rounder than the other. It cost £129 so not the cheapest ring they sell. Anyone know what they are like for returns?
Community Updates
MiscH Samuel
18 Comments
I've returned a few rings when I got my engagement one as I'm a fussy get lol they took them back no problem but I didn't have mine altered and I took them back within a day or two of buying them.
Original Poster
Will go back tomorrow (only picked up this eve). Really disappointed with it
Did you not think to look at it whilst you were in the store?
Original Poster
It looked ok instore, when I got home and looked closer it just looks awful
bargainhunter2009

It looked ok instore, when I got home and looked closer it just looks … It looked ok instore, when I got home and looked closer it just looks awful

Something like that you should have noticed instore if it was that bad.

But take it back to the store by all means and explain you are not happy with it.
Explain your not happy with it and what you feel is wrong with it, if they agree they will give you a refund - if they think the job is a good one they wont do anything. When rings are resized they tell you it wont be as perfect as the original
Original Poster
They told me the ring would be same as if not resized. They do not stock any rings over an n size and they go off for resizing. Will go back tomorrow., the band is so thin it wil won't last
And they couldn't order your size from their head office?
Original Poster
They told me they couldn't
bargainhunter2009

They told me the ring would be same as if not resized. They do not stock … They told me the ring would be same as if not resized. They do not stock any rings over an n size and they go off for resizing. Will go back tomorrow., the band is so thin it wil won't last

the only thing i can say to that is good luck with it as i have a feeling you will have a problem tomorrow
They normally say they are unable to return any ring if its been re-sized. - However if its due to their workmanship you are within your rights to return it for repair.. I guess a refund is directly down to the manger.

I take it H Samuel sent the ring off for re-sizing rather than you using a third party ?

Original Poster
Yes h samuel resized it. I was told (albeit by a saturday girl) I could bring it back

The ring is now very thin (it went up a a a few sizes)

Thats where your problem lies. A ring, unless its very thick to start with, shouldnt be resized "a few sizes" - and a ring that cost £129 isnt really an expensive ring, so would have been thin to start with.

Original Poster
They told me extra gold would be added and I was assured it would not be stretched

Original Poster
Well...got the refund (store were useless but customer services who I called when store refused to help intervened and told store to give me a refund)
Banned
"I bought a ring from H Samuel"

That's the problem in the first place
Banned
H Samuel = http://www.potlee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/cartoon-dog-puking.jpg

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 1st Sep 2011
bargainhunter2009

Well...got the refund (store were useless but customer services who I … Well...got the refund (store were useless but customer services who I called when store refused to help intervened and told store to give me a refund)

Glad you got it sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants