H11 LED bulbs for cars

Posted 14th Dec 2019
Has anyone got any experience with the new style led bulbs for main headlights on cars. HID conversions are too expensive and not legal without headlight washers and auto levelling I’ve read.

Are aftermarket LEDs any good yet, do they have a good light throw or should I just stick to £6 motor factors halogen ones??

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Osram night breakers are supposed to be good
I’d advise buying a named brand like Osram,Philips etc as cheap bulbs normally give pretty poor light output.
I use night breakers in all our cars.
Edited by: "MrWalle" 14th Dec 2019
pugit66614/12/2019 14:51

Osram night breakers are supposed to be good

Yep, mine are tidy
I put LEDs in my car a few months back, bit had to get special ring retainers for them to fit, definitely not plug and play!
Secondly, they will almost certainly fail the not (been there and worn the t-shirt) the
The mot guy said the pattern was all over the place.
It seems although the LEDs look like they are in the same position as a halogen filament, that couple of millimetres throws the light where it's not supposed to be.
Imagine you're shining a laser pointer or a torch via a mirror at a wall 30 meters away, how little movement of the mirror would it takes to move it across the wall.
Nightbreaker unlimited are working well for me!
Afaik LED headlight bulbs aren’t legal in the UK as they’re don’t have the CE ratings or whatever they’re called. They’re only legal if they came from
Factory. Phillips and OSRAM LEDs say they’re for off road use only. Some LEDs have a good beam pattern when used in projector headlights but the actual bulb still isn’t legal. I use OSRAM nightbreakers 150% and as long as they’re aligned properly, I think they’re the best halogen bulb overall.
The Philips racing 130% and 150% bulbs do well in tests.
Thanks all for your replies, I’ll get on the web and buy a pair of nightbreakers 🏻 🏻
I've got Night Breaker Lasers at the minute and they are much worse than the ones they replaced. Those were Michiba 5000K Diamond White. I read the reviews and everyone praised the Osrams, but they just don't light the road as well as my old ones, and driving down some dark country lanes at this time of year now requires the fog lights, which I never needed before.
Danze198414/12/2019 22:15

I've got Night Breaker Lasers at the minute and they are much worse than …I've got Night Breaker Lasers at the minute and they are much worse than the ones they replaced. Those were Michiba 5000K Diamond White. I read the reviews and everyone praised the Osrams, but they just don't light the road as well as my old ones, and driving down some dark country lanes at this time of year now requires the fog lights, which I never needed before.

Danze198414/12/2019 22:15

I've got Night Breaker Lasers at the minute and they are much worse than …I've got Night Breaker Lasers at the minute and they are much worse than the ones they replaced. Those were Michiba 5000K Diamond White. I read the reviews and everyone praised the Osrams, but they just don't light the road as well as my old ones, and driving down some dark country lanes at this time of year now requires the fog lights, which I never needed before.

I might try these Michiba 5000k when the OSRAMS go cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions