Groups

Had an email supposedly from UPS - but it doesnt look real and my computer says it contains a virus

Iv had this email sent today (3rd March) supposedly about something that should have been delivered in December, but i have no recollection of not recieving a delivery.

Postal Manager Gregorio Hanson

Dear customer!

Unfortunately we failed to deliver the postal package sent on the 7th of December in time
    because the addressee's address is incorrect.
    Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

United Parcel Service of America.

It has an attachement which my computer says causes a virus.

Has anyone recieved one of these before, or heard about them containing viruses.

17 Comments

I had it last night took me 4 hrs to get rid!!

Its a known Virus scam - delete it and dont click on the attachment

And ring this number and listen to what UPS say
    Customer Service: 08457-877-877
    Just listen.

I had the same email... Deleted it right away, without opening it or clicking the attachment!

Original Poster

will delete. Thanks all. I was racking my brain thinking if there was something i had forgotten about.

If you are not expecting an email with an attachment then do NOT open it, no matter who it is from (or appears to be from), if its addressed from a friend confirm with them 1st, it could be an hijacked email account. Old scam in one of its many guises.

supposedly about something that should have been delivered in December, but i have no recollection of not recieving a delivery.

why even question it then? lol delete it

any email that doesn't mention your name - like 'Dear customer' is a good indicator of a scam

Banned

It is definitely a scam.

I have spoken to UPS today and they confirmed it.

DLM;8009456

It is definitely a scam.I have spoken to UPS today and they confirmed it.

Its not a scam, its a virus and UPS didn't wanna know when i rang. :w00t:

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;8009583

Its not a scam, its a virus and UPS didn't wanna know when i rang. :w00t:

Ok, it is a virus not sent by UPS.

Theres loads of similar things going around and have been for years , I used to get them from banks . I have had the delivery company one to but deleted it straight away . DONT ever open attachements or click on the linkys from unknown emails as your most likely to get a free gift .................a virus .

Oh stay away! It's a real nasty virus!

Original Poster

i must sound stupid. I know that you should never open attachments when you dont know who they are - and i thought this looked a bit odd. But iv never had emails like this before, but recently iv been getting tons of spam.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread, just found same email in my inbox and probably would have opened the attachment as I am waiting for a parcel from weeks ago!

run bsd, then you can open them all :-D

i've had this too, didnt click the attachment so hope ok. it does tell you on ups website that its a scam
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions