Had Enough With My Broadband!!!!

Ok i live in Cornwall and my connection sucks, i used to be with Orange but all i got was mainly 1mb which when there is 2 PC's its slows up alot :(.
I dont think my area can get much more than that im on now which is up to 10mb with 02, the problem is my area sucks but i live very close to the exchange so i dont know why my connection is poor. (both said my maximum for my area is diff Orange said 6mb i think 02 said around 7/8 mb or something around that)
Pritty much 2 PC's are on allthe time so if i turn my pc off to go on 360/ps3 my connection is always laggy.
Is there any help i can get or anything i can do to make my exchange any better or anything just to get atleast a connection i can live with without always having lag.

4 Comments

are both your pcs connected to the internet by wireless? 'Cos having all 3/4 on at the same time will make it lag

Some useful tips here for speeding up your connection. They may help

beforum.co.uk/sho…739

If your having serious issues, first off check the status of your exchange on one of the various sites around it may be that its not upgraded to a reasonable level. Second course of action would be tech support given distance you should be quite fast unless its oversubscribed. Third option is to move to a better supplier i use plusnet and they are massively better than tiscali and all others i have tried before, i had a fault on my line causing constant disconnects, bt sent out an enginer and it got worse, only once i moved to plusnet did they manage to sort it out inside a week. Their support and quality is amazing

Original Poster

Cold-Phoenix;6207905

If your having serious issues, first off check the status of your … If your having serious issues, first off check the status of your exchange on one of the various sites around it may be that its not upgraded to a reasonable level. Second course of action would be tech support given distance you should be quite fast unless its oversubscribed. Third option is to move to a better supplier i use plusnet and they are massively better than tiscali and all others i have tried before, i had a fault on my line causing constant disconnects, bt sent out an enginer and it got worse, only once i moved to plusnet did they manage to sort it out inside a week. Their support and quality is amazing

Erm well i live in a Town and to be honest i know its a BT exchange but its quite a old building and i when most sites have said MAX is around 10MB i would say its probably not been upgraded for sometime :x Cheers for your recommedation :thumbsup: i found it funny a few weeks back they sent me a letter saying on on ways i can stop from using the internet they said "i use too much" and offered ways to lower it like dont use Torrents etc.... :-D made me laugh but could means its overrun with people but then again most people i know around have BT there is soooooooooooo many on that here and also Tiscalli and SKY i didnt think 02 would been overused to be honest.

marktuck;6207889

Some useful tips here for speeding up your connection. They may … Some useful tips here for speeding up your connection. They may helphttp://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9739

Cheers will have a look thanks.

deadduck_145;6207879

are both your pcs connected to the internet by wireless? 'Cos having all … are both your pcs connected to the internet by wireless? 'Cos having all 3/4 on at the same time will make it lag

No one is "sometimes" I.E iPod Touch or Laptop but vary rarely, at the moment its just 2 wired PC'S and 2 Consoles (which are wired too) but most of the time there is 2 connections going.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions