Haggle friendly stores!

Posted 3rd Mar
We are moving house and buying all new furniture, white goods, TVs etc from new.
I just wondered if anyone has had better success with haggling at certain stores than others, if buying multiple items?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Cash Converters is one that you can often haggle at, not sure if there are shops you can haggle at for new goods though.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 3rd Mar
I went into Currys and said i needed to buy three lots of cookers/hobs/fridge freezers/washine machines/extractors etc, for an investment property. The manager offered me a £10 voucher when i asked about discount. Walked out and bought the lot from AO.com.

From years of experience the brick built stores, even if they offer a discount for mass purchases, still wont be cheaper than online. Sad really as tis the reason the hight street is dead.
Shop around for white goods, then go to AO.com and ask them to price match, if they aren't already the cheapest. They have great customer service.

TV etc I'd go for John Lewis, again ask them to price match.
Outlet stores like ao outlet?
ArcadeAssassin03/03/2020 11:55

I went into Currys and said i needed to buy three lots of …I went into Currys and said i needed to buy three lots of cookers/hobs/fridge freezers/washine machines/extractors etc, for an investment property. The manager offered me a £10 voucher when i asked about discount. Walked out and bought the lot from AO.com. From years of experience the brick built stores, even if they offer a discount for mass purchases, still wont be cheaper than online. Sad really as tis the reason the hight street is dead.

You'll get more consumer protection when buying online too.
No point going into stores trying haggle unless you buying something out of the norm.

I would suggest making a list of stuff you need, start searching on here to see what they have sold for in the past. Set up alerts and keep an eye out for vouches, bank holiday sale, cashback offers etc.

Really depends on the items you are getting but make a list room by room.
Edited by: "bally12345" 3rd Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants