Haggling with mobile phone shops

Found 15th May 2009
I was just wondering can you actually haggle with shops such as phones4u. For example, they have the HTC magic £30 a month, but max I can do is £25, can you walk into the shop and actually get the price lower? I would love to hear some success stories.

9 Comments

Not likely..They may throw things in but they are tied with contract costs and terms...You need to just look around for your ideal deal..Good Luck :thumbsup:

I was just looking in Phones4U and they offered my the Tocco Ultra on 24 month contract at £25 per month. I said that was more than I was prepared to pay pm and also I still had 7 months left on my exisiting contract. Because i was there at the right time, the Manager came over and offered me £180 cash back there and then. So whilst I would still be paying £25 pm, I had the £180 cash back to offset against the monthly charge.

It's worth a try.... I was in phones 4 u looking at phones and they matched an online offer that I quoted and said that if I bought the sim only contract and a phone from them, they would knock a bit off the price of the phone.

Banned

yes you can, i wanted a £15 month contract on t-mobile with a free nokia 5800, even on a 24 month contract they wanted £100 for phone, tried to sell me on every other service, but i knew what i wanted and was prepared to walk out, i had tried cpw and they would play ball either, but eventually they gave me what i wanted plus the free phone

Original Poster

do you think realistically I could get a HTC magic with the pacakge that is normally £30 a month for an equivalent of £20 of month. I say equivalent because they wont reduce my bill only give me cashback I assume.

Original Poster

and 1 more thing, how do you haggle with these people, do you walk in and say i want this phone at this price or I am going, or do you let them talk the talk for a while, then tell them you are swayed towards this phone and this contract, buts its too much?

sassie;5224004

yes you can, i wanted a £15 month contract on t-mobile with a free nokia … yes you can, i wanted a £15 month contract on t-mobile with a free nokia 5800, even on a 24 month contract they wanted £100 for phone, tried to sell me on every other service, but i knew what i wanted and was prepared to walk out, i had tried cpw and they would play ball either, but eventually they gave me what i wanted plus the free phone

Thats only cos ya threatened to flash your boobs at them if they didn't:whistling::whistling::whistling:

how do you haggle with these people

I generally let the conversation go wherever they take it, but as soon as they mention money I then ask then straight up what the cost would be, then tell them what I would prefer to pay, then wait for them to offer something. Sometimes I don't get my first choice of phone, sometimes I do, but I always get my 'maximum that I can afford'.

n2592;5224430

and 1 more thing, how do you haggle with these people, do you walk in and … and 1 more thing, how do you haggle with these people, do you walk in and say i want this phone at this price or I am going, or do you let them talk the talk for a while, then tell them you are swayed towards this phone and this contract, buts its too much?

Keep them talking for a while. They don't want to waste their time or let customers walk out the door without buying anything. Eventually they will offer you a better deal rather than let you walk away but don't feel forced into buying something if the deal they offer you isn't good enough as they an be quite pushy :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions