Haggling with Virgin Media during a 30 day rolling contract

Found 27th Dec 2017
I recently wanted to get a Virgin media deal - TV, weekend calls and 100mb fibre for £30 per month. However that deal has now expired and it got me to wonder - since there are no good deals at the moment, would it be a good idea to take on a 30 day rolling contract (instead of the standard 12 month) and tell them that I'm leaving after 1-2 months to try to haggle a better price?

Can you haggle with Virgin as a new customer? Alternatively, does Virgin offer any deals on new years? I thought that maybe something worthwhile will appear on boxing day but no luck. Cheers.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

I honestly doubt it, their deals seem designed to lock you in for 12-18 months and are no longer called retention deals but loyalty deals.

Tbh you can get into a 12 month contract and at the rate they raise their prices you can leave/haggle when they do. I’m yet to complete a full contract without a price increase in about 4 years

The install fee on a one month will cancel out any savings you make, I'll drop you a PM

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo11 h, 45 m ago

I honestly doubt it, their deals seem designed to lock you in for 12-18 …I honestly doubt it, their deals seem designed to lock you in for 12-18 months and are no longer called retention deals but loyalty deals. Tbh you can get into a 12 month contract and at the rate they raise their prices you can leave/haggle when they do. I’m yet to complete a full contract without a price increase in about 4 years

That sucks, well thanks for the heads up I will try to haggle when they hike the price.

jb6610 h, 36 m ago

The install fee on a one month will cancel out any savings you make, I'll …The install fee on a one month will cancel out any savings you make, I'll drop you a PM

Thanks, replied
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants