Haier fridge freezers pile of Chinese crap or good?

Found 3rd Aug
Found a haier fridge freezer I like but never heard of them. Did a bit of research and they look to be Chinese. Anyone know if they are any good compared to Bosch etc? Or are they an avoid like hotpoint
Community Updates
10 Comments
I have an American style one, very happy with it.
cideristhefuture1 m ago

I have an American style one, very happy with it.

How long you had it?
It's difficult to buy anything more than a perception of reliability because components & quality control can change by the day. Myabe best to look at favourable warranty options. Observation: Samsung apparently offer inclusive 5 yrs warranty for home appliances (50+ models of fridgefreezer) if registered within 90days of purchase. Warranty includes p&l+c/o and available for purchases between 1 August 2018 and 31July 2019 from all but the most dubious merchants. Seems reasonable. my-samsung.com/uk/…rs/
adamwilko0072 h, 18 m ago

How long you had it?

Just over 3 years, no problems at all. Energy efficiency is excellent, looks very smart and has a "holiday mode" I just press a button before we go away and it saves more energy. It also has a "ping" so it chimes when the door is open too long...so I can shout at the kids, to get out of the fridge. It also can fit 3 cases of beer with room to spare.

Half the price of a Samsung, I'd buy again. Lots of friends have commented on how good it looks.
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 3rd Aug
Just make sure it has a metal back on it not plastic back.
cmdr_elito3rd Aug

Just make sure it has a metal back on it not plastic back.

??
cliosport6518 m ago

??

Plastic back fridges/freezers are a fire risk. My mums house burnt down due to a fridge fire (non recall model). She’s lucky she got out.
cmdr_elito10 m ago

Plastic back fridges/freezers are a fire risk. My mums house burnt down …Plastic back fridges/freezers are a fire risk. My mums house burnt down due to a fridge fire (non recall model). She’s lucky she got out.

Was thinking you was meaning fire related, I think most fridges / freezers are having these metal backs now.
cliosport6544 m ago

Was thinking you was meaning fire related, I think most fridges / freezers …Was thinking you was meaning fire related, I think most fridges / freezers are having these metal backs now.

About 50% of models do now yes, but there are still many that don’t. So make sure yours has one!
cmdr_elito23 h, 19 m ago

About 50% of models do now yes, but there are still many that don’t. So m …About 50% of models do now yes, but there are still many that don’t. So make sure yours has one!

Yes our new one does have a metal back
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants