Groups

Hair Colouring Question!

To cut a long story short, had my hair professionally dyed a deep red, within a week it had all but washed out, they re-did it for free, same thing happened. My hair is now lighter than I would like so I want to get it dyed a chocolate colour, my hair is brown anyway, so its just going a few shades darker.

However, I am going on holiday soon where I will be doing lots of swimming and was wondering if I get my hair dyed will the chlorine in the pool just make it fade really quickly? I don't want to fork out loads of money getting my hair professional dyed only for it to fade really quickly. I have looked on the net, some people say it will fade certain hair colours (but dont state which ones) others say the level of chlorine in a pool won't be enough to fade it and others say just use shampoo & conditioner that washes chlorine out?

I am confused! Help!

6 Comments

Banned

well i cant say about hair colour but can say it changed the colour of my sons coloured t-shirts, so i would say dont waste your money and wait till you get back

sassie;2164886

well i cant say about hair colour but can say it changed the colour of my … well i cant say about hair colour but can say it changed the colour of my sons coloured t-shirts, so i would say dont waste your money and wait till you get back

agree with sassie - your going to a hot spot (clue -swimming) sun is going to lighten it - chlorine in pool will definately change colour - and lastly dying your hair too many tomes in such a short time span will damage it -enjoy your holiday!!:thumbsup:

If it is sunny your hair is gonna be lightned by the sun and the chlorine in the pool has more chance of washing it out if it has only been dyed for a few days/weeks as the dye hasent setteled in yet, save money and get hair re done when ya come back

and have a nice holiday

Original Poster

holly100;2164931

agree with sassie - your going to a hot spot (clue -swimming) sun is … agree with sassie - your going to a hot spot (clue -swimming) sun is going to lighten it - chlorine in pool will definately change colour - and lastly dying your hair too many tomes in such a short time span will damage it -enjoy your holiday!!:thumbsup:

Hot?! I wish - I am going to Center Parcs for a break with my boyfriend. We go every year and always spend ages in the pools and go to the spa, etc so I don't know if newly coloured hair would appeciate that sort of punishment.

kimbyanne;2165002

Hot?! I wish - I am going to Center Parcs for a break with my boyfriend. … Hot?! I wish - I am going to Center Parcs for a break with my boyfriend. We go every year and always spend ages in the pools and go to the spa, etc so I don't know if newly coloured hair would appeciate that sort of punishment.

we might have a heatwave :giggle::giggle: hope for you we do
    you have said it yourself there - so dont - wait till you come home :thumbsup:

i would wait until you get back because if you dye it before you go you will defo need to do it again! these colours are a surface colour that will fade in the swimming pools and sunlight.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…22
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?914
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions