Hair loss - due to scalp psoriasis

Found 1st Aug 2017
Can you get medical help for hair loss through NHS
What help are you given
Anyone with any suggestions welcome
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Embrace the baldness, change your hair style, how many times have you personally thought less of someone because their hair is patchy in places ? I bet the answer is never.
Is it really worth the appointments and hours you'll spend for something that might not help, It happens to us all at some point buddy.
It's not easy but the more you get stressed about your hair loss the worse your psoriasis will get and it could also spread. Try using either T gel or Simple shampoo for less irritation.
From what I know some of the harsher treatments for psoriasis can cause hair loss and other like arthritis
PKRichie2 h, 27 m ago

Embrace the baldness, change your hair style, how many times have you …Embrace the baldness, change your hair style, how many times have you personally thought less of someone because their hair is patchy in places ? I bet the answer is never.Is it really worth the appointments and hours you'll spend for something that might not help, It happens to us all at some point buddy.

I'm a woman my hair is my one of my finest assets!
My wife had a similar condition and her doctor recommended a shampoo with the ingredient Selenium S.

The only one she could find was by Loreal and its in the mens range. Its a black bottle with orange cap and front says " Loreal Elvive for men. Anti-Dandruff Intensive Shampoo". The front has an Orange rectangular design in the centre with the wording "active selenium s".

Tesco tend to do a deal on the bottle if you buy 2 of 3 but its worked wonders. She's been using it for over 2-3 years now and she hasn't had a problem. Prior to this she was given a prescription shampoo and that didn't work at all, so definitely try this out. Hope that helps.
Madferrit33 m ago

My wife had a similar condition and her doctor recommended a shampoo with …My wife had a similar condition and her doctor recommended a shampoo with the ingredient Selenium S.The only one she could find was by Loreal and its in the mens range. Its a black bottle with orange cap and front says " Loreal Elvive for men. Anti-Dandruff Intensive Shampoo". The front has an Orange rectangular design in the centre with the wording "active selenium s".Tesco tend to do a deal on the bottle if you buy 2 of 3 but its worked wonders. She's been using it for over 2-3 years now and she hasn't had a problem. Prior to this she was given a prescription shampoo and that didn't work at all, so definitely try this out. Hope that helps.

Thank you I will find it and give it a try
I had psoriasis on my scalp for over 40 years and one day I tried head and shoulders shampoo and it literally disappeared over night, it used to be that bad I could never wear any dark clothing, I emailed proctor and gamble to tell them but they didn't seem interested, give it a go you never know.
I have psorisis on my scalp, the only way to prevent it is to wash my head every day.
NHS does plenty of cosmetic things like gender reassignment so you should be able to get some help. Just tell the quack it makes you unhappy
jimhuf3 h, 25 m ago

NHS does plenty of cosmetic things like gender reassignment so you should …NHS does plenty of cosmetic things like gender reassignment so you should be able to get some help. Just tell the quack it makes you unhappy

I take it that it's not something you have to live with because it doesn't make you unhappy, it makes life unbearable at times
Hello I have had the same problem with eczema, I have found personally tea tree paul mitchell shampoo is a great, i am sure the nhs can help you but they are limited what they can do, but it is for your mental health they will do so.

I had huge swathes of my skin on my scalp were open sores, my hair on the front totally went
please I do understand, I hope you can find some assistance, and find a path through this.

Have you tried to use salt water or swim in the sea, sorry not to presume your location, this is supposed to help your skin condition
Try salcura junior shampoo.

It was like a miracle for my friend. I think they do a money back guarantee too
nilbymouth2nd Aug

Hello I have had the same problem with eczema, I have found personally tea …Hello I have had the same problem with eczema, I have found personally tea tree paul mitchell shampoo is a great, i am sure the nhs can help you but they are limited what they can do, but it is for your mental health they will do so.I had huge swathes of my skin on my scalp were open sores, my hair on the front totally went please I do understand, I hope you can find some assistance, and find a path through this.Have you tried to use salt water or swim in the sea, sorry not to presume your location, this is supposed to help your skin condition

Thank you for been empathic a few comments above were quite crude, so it's nice to hear comforting and supportive words, people don't tend to understand a less they've been in that situation or is aware of others suffering, and for a woman it's really distressing
sicklysweet23 h, 15 m ago

Try salcura junior shampoo. It was like a miracle for my friend. I think …Try salcura junior shampoo. It was like a miracle for my friend. I think they do a money back guarantee too

Thank you for been supportive and offering a solution this I will definitely look at
loumar761st Aug

It's not easy but the more you get stressed about your hair loss the worse …It's not easy but the more you get stressed about your hair loss the worse your psoriasis will get and it could also spread. Try using either T gel or Simple shampoo for less irritation.

Thank you for your reply I will look at the suggestions I've been given and try the one I think is most suited.
Madferrit1st Aug

My wife had a similar condition and her doctor recommended a shampoo with …My wife had a similar condition and her doctor recommended a shampoo with the ingredient Selenium S.The only one she could find was by Loreal and its in the mens range. Its a black bottle with orange cap and front says " Loreal Elvive for men. Anti-Dandruff Intensive Shampoo". The front has an Orange rectangular design in the centre with the wording "active selenium s".Tesco tend to do a deal on the bottle if you buy 2 of 3 but its worked wonders. She's been using it for over 2-3 years now and she hasn't had a problem. Prior to this she was given a prescription shampoo and that didn't work at all, so definitely try this out. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply to hear someone that's actually empathic and not giving pitiful words is nice. It's like I said distressing enough without individuals making harsh comments like basically deal with it... you've taken time
also to explain what product which is very kind, comments like these are a source of encouragement which is what people need. Thank you again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants