Hair straighteners

Posted 13th Nov
After a set of decent hair straighteners for my daughter who has thick hair. Been looking at GHD and cloud nine ones, but they are really expensive.

Any recommendations please on a decent set, but at a reasonable price.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Thanks
You don’t need to spend that much on a hair straightener.. they all almost do the same job ( the higher the temperature, the quicker it straighten lol ) this one from Argos £22.99 does the job pretty well from experience. argos.co.uk/pro…966
I have super thick long hair to my bum and have to say the ONLY straighteners to use are GHDs. The cheaper ones just dont work on thick hair you find yourself goin over and over it and they still don’t do the same job. They also last a lifetime and have a 10 year garauntee. Had mine years c
parisp13/11/2019 10:11

I have super thick long hair to my bum and have to say the ONLY …I have super thick long hair to my bum and have to say the ONLY straighteners to use are GHDs. The cheaper ones just dont work on thick hair you find yourself goin over and over it and they still don’t do the same job. They also last a lifetime and have a 10 year garauntee. Had mine years c

if you aren't sold fakes that is.
Amazon I was looking for ghd
I purchased my other half a pair of expensive legit GHDs for Xmas a few years back and she complained they were garbage (on her long, thick hair), she picked up a couple of cheaper Babyliss straighteners from Boots in the weeks following and was far happier with them - don’t be tempted to blow money you don’t need to.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 13th Nov
Seems to be mixed reviews on this
parisp13/11/2019 10:11

I have super thick long hair to my bum and have to say the ONLY …I have super thick long hair to my bum and have to say the ONLY straighteners to use are GHDs. The cheaper ones just dont work on thick hair you find yourself goin over and over it and they still don’t do the same job. They also last a lifetime and have a 10 year garauntee. Had mine years c

I agree had ghd 8 years they broke bought cheaper but didn’t touch my hair went back to my ghd had these 6 years so less than tenner a year well with it x
valleyboy2213/11/2019 12:16

Seems to be mixed reviews on this

38975520-gAdOd.jpg
38975520-ea3BK.jpg
Trying find comparisons of my hair after using my straighteners. GHDs are amazing you get what you pay for. Go on the website for reputable sellers x
I also have thick frizzy hair I hate it my hair dresser always says I give her a challenge every time I go and a workout. I have Ghd's and have had them for around 10 years my second pair I wouldn't have anything else I know they are expensive but they are worth it I love mine i use to use the iron as a teenage to straighten my hair as it was that wild.
You're always going to get mixed reviews when it comes to situations like this I think! Some people have a lot of brand loyalty and will swear GHD's are better than anything else but I'd have to go the opposite way and say I've never found that to be true in my experience.

The main thing I'd recommend if she has thick hair is to look at wider plate straighteners! They make such a difference in the time taken and result.

Up until two years ago I had a pair of Babyliss Pro 230 Radiance ones which only cost me £50, lasted 9 years and worked amazingly (they still do actually, I have them as a back up pair now!). I only replaced them because I was intruiged by a fancy new pair which promised miracles If my current straighteners ever stop working, I would have no hesitation looking at Babyliss' offerings!
GHD's seem to get more expensive not less expensive each year...how does that work?
More demand so they get greedy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants