Groups
    EXPIRED

Halal Haribo Sweets

Just wondered if anyone has seen them.

28 Comments

These have been around for ages and are HIGHLY yummy :thumbsup:

They have no gelatin so are good for vegetarians, too.

A few shops local to me sell them, independant rather than chain stores. Also one the shops is owned by a friend of mine so i can get them quite easily.

They are imported into the country by a Jewish person and his company! Nice to see a bit of race relations going on :thumbsup:

nipperkipper;2105675

A few shops local to me sell them, independant rather than chain stores. … A few shops local to me sell them, independant rather than chain stores. Also one the shops is owned by a friend of mine so i can get them quite easily.

You mean an authorised five finger discount?! :whistling:

asda by me sells them- cape hill, smethwick

Original Poster

I was browsing eBay and come across them,I will look around now in shops,cos bit pricey on eBay time postage too.

melu;2105676

You mean an authorised five finger discount?! :whistling:

Lol, i wish - would never do that:whistling:

Mum2Connor&Cerys;2105761

I was browsing eBay and come across them,I will look around now in … I was browsing eBay and come across them,I will look around now in shops,cos bit pricey on eBay time postage too.

If you are having trouble let me know, and ill see what i can do - imagine that - me posting haribo sweets on the for sale/trade board - what has the internet come to

Mum2conner&cerys, may I ask why you are after these sweets? I mean, do you only eat Halal or vegetarian?

Round here, we have loads of sweets that are Halal, even yummy marshmellows - I have some in my cupboard now, think I will eat one now :giggle: They are not vegetarian, though - just use Halal gelatin.

And we have jelly mixes, like the Rowntree ones that you make up at home

I have seen them in Sainsburys

Original Poster

nipperkipper;2105804

Lol, i wish - would never do that:whistling:If you are having trouble let … Lol, i wish - would never do that:whistling:If you are having trouble let me know, and ill see what i can do - imagine that - me posting haribo sweets on the for sale/trade board - what has the internet come to

thanks 4 offer,but if they about,I'm sure we will find them.

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;2105857

Mum2conner&cerys, may I ask why you are after these sweets? I mean, do … Mum2conner&cerys, may I ask why you are after these sweets? I mean, do you only eat Halal or vegetarian?Round here, we have loads of sweets that are Halal, even yummy marshmellows - I have some in my cupboard now, think I will eat one now :giggle: They are not vegetarian, though - just use Halal gelatin.And we have jelly mixes, like the Rowntree ones that you make up at home

We vegetarian.

I was like what halal and then i thought blessed sweets

dandoc2;2105984

I was like what halal and then i thought blessed sweets

You wasn't on the apprentice was you with the kosher chicken?!?!

Banned

midjet666;2107230

haha!!!

mmmm making me want sweets!

Mum2connor.. try hollands and barratts... they do loads of vegan and veg stuff! :thumbsup:

midjet666;2107230

well ok so its approved sweets so they have been given the go ahead by the church or w.e its called

We have been able to get geletine free haribo in asda for about a year, not those ones though. They are advertised as geletine free not halal. Also packaging is different

Original Poster

imranmaz;2107254

haha!!!mmmm making me want sweets!Mum2connor.. try hollands and … haha!!!mmmm making me want sweets!Mum2connor.. try hollands and barratts... they do loads of vegan and veg stuff! :thumbsup:

Yeh they not in there cos I was in there having a good look other day.
    We sometimes buy here too.

veganstore.co.uk/jel…tml

My local Morrisons has sold them for ages Mum2C&C

Original Poster

Oh well,lots people said they seen them so should be fairly easy to pick up in supermarkets. I've never really bothered to look at the Haribo ones. However a lot of the supermarket have took gelatine out of some sweets like jelly beans,hard gum,certain fruit jellies etc and I usually check those ones.

saw them in morrisons not with the rest of the sweets but in the food section under international:thumbsup:

Original Poster

ding;2115843

saw them in morrisons not with the rest of the sweets but in the food … saw them in morrisons not with the rest of the sweets but in the food section under international:thumbsup:

I be sure to look everywhere when I go next to supermarkets.

my local home bargains sells these. Nothing special taste wise tbh.
    Just your normal gummy fruit flavoured sweets

Not seen them but bought similar sweets by a brand called 'sweetzone' in Home Bargains in Sunderland for 79p on Wednesday ,which state they are halal and are an 'assorted' pack of sweets such as pizza's, burgers etc. Well worth the price!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

soby;2122760

Not seen them but bought similar sweets by a brand called 'sweetzone' in … Not seen them but bought similar sweets by a brand called 'sweetzone' in Home Bargains in Sunderland for 79p on Wednesday ,which state they are halal and are an 'assorted' pack of sweets such as pizza's, burgers etc. Well worth the price!:thumbsup:

Yeh if Halal,it doesn't mean that they vegetarian,thats what I'm after them for. Some Halal sweets have gelatine in them according to Halal requirments.

Forget those smelly mushed up sweets. Dairy Fudge is much nicer!

Opal Fruits is the way to go!

Original Poster

I prefer chocolate actually over sweets.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64493
    2. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News11
    3. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards914
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901356

See more discussions