Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Half a sheep (Halal)

Posted 13th Apr
Anyone have any idea how much per kg a half a sheep would cost?
Back in Dec it cost me £3.50/kg (£55 total cost).

Any idea how much the cost would be now as I am running low.

Location is east London..
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Ask where you got the last lot from.
rimalpatel00713/04/2020 17:49

I did. Was wondering what everyone has been getting. Today's price £90

I don’t think half a sheep is a common purchase
Free in the lake district if you can catch one
Halal. A sensible practise in locations which are hot and where supply chains inc the storage of meat cannot be controlled or vouched for as it is so strictly in the UK and other developed countries

bbc.co.uk/new…224 (not for the squeamish)

Personally, I’ve never been convinced it is needed here or that it represents good animal husbandry.
Edited by: "ccnp" 13th Apr
13 Comments
Why don’t you ring a major super store
Which half? Front or back?
Free in the lake district if you can catch one
fearona13/04/2020 16:30

This. If you've bought half a sheep before from somwhere then you'll know where to get them from, it's not the kind of thing that you find in the chiller cabinet in Aldi.
Will be around the figure you paid last time, could be up or down though, depending on a few factors, weight, price. £55 is a good price.
Haircut_10013/04/2020 17:40

This. If you've bought half a sheep before from somwhere then you'll know …This. If you've bought half a sheep before from somwhere then you'll know where to get them from, it's not the kind of thing that you find in the chiller cabinet in Aldi.

I did. Was wondering what everyone has been getting.

Today's price £90

I don’t think half a sheep is a common purchase
Halal. A sensible practise in locations which are hot and where supply chains inc the storage of meat cannot be controlled or vouched for as it is so strictly in the UK and other developed countries

bbc.co.uk/new…224 (not for the squeamish)

Personally, I’ve never been convinced it is needed here or that it represents good animal husbandry.
Edited by: "ccnp" 13th Apr

To be honest that sounds like a normal price I would expect, £55 seems cheap
ccnp13/04/2020 17:57

I’ve never been convinced it is needed here or that it represents good a …I’ve never been convinced it is needed here or that it represents good animal husbandry.

It is needed for religious beliefs. I have never been convinced that chocolate Easter Eggs are needed here although Easter is a very big part of Christianity.
Not sure but i know our local shops in Birmingham initially increased prices from 7.99kg to 14.99 kg for lamb but have now come back to earth and are pricing as before
East London is a large vicinity and prices will differ upon area. Try calling the shops by googling ones close to your house
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions