half day / early release Friday 22 December?

Found 21st Dec 2017
So, is it an early finish tomorrow?

Some think so, but others are saying no as not Xmas Eve?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I can confirm that HUKD will be open as always throughout Christmas and we will be here As for the rest of you lucky lucky blighters.....who knows
14 Comments
I can confirm that HUKD will be open as always throughout Christmas and we will be here As for the rest of you lucky lucky blighters.....who knows
Mine finish today... Or they would have if they didn't have the lurgy. Eurgh.
Ask your boss. Even if it was Christmas eve they don't have to let you go early. Infect legally they don't even have to let you have Christmas day off.

I for one will be staying at work until my normal finish time, which is 15 minutes beforemy contracted finish time.
Mate, it's not me that bothered.

Just wondered that's all as there are differences in opinion.

Wrong side of bed this monrning?
kn38242 m ago

Mate, it's not me that bothered.Just wondered that's all as there are …Mate, it's not me that bothered.Just wondered that's all as there are differences in opinion.Wrong side of bed this monrning?

Difference of opinion? Are you suggesting that legally you should be allowed to leave off early the last working day before Christmas?
Been told it depends on what mood the boss is in.. Work for a small company. Last year we had half day.
We normally do leave early about 3.30pm but doubting we will tomorrow as you say not Christmas eve. When it is Christmas eve most companies do wind up early so people can be with their families - shock horror!
Wow - some peeps are quite angry today?

I'm just interested as to what other companies are doing around the country.

I'm not suggesting anything.

In actual fact, I am usually one of the last ones who leave after the rest have left and pretty much have an entire days' work planned for tomorrow (if you must know). Can't leave early if I wanted to!

I personally thought it's normal working day.
Think tomorrow finishes at midnight as usual. As for knocking off work early, I sincerely hope the captain of the plane flying me home from holiday tomorrow doesn't do this. That would not end well.
We are all knocking off mid day tomorrow. We always do on the last working day before Christmas. Nothing official i.e you have to book a full days leave if not coming in at all. But without fail we get an email telling us we can go home.
kn3822 h, 14 m ago

Wow - some peeps are quite angry today?I'm just interested as to what …Wow - some peeps are quite angry today?I'm just interested as to what other companies are doing around the country.I'm not suggesting anything.In actual fact, I am usually one of the last ones who leave after the rest have left and pretty much have an entire days' work planned for tomorrow (if you must know). Can't leave early if I wanted to!I personally thought it's normal working day.

Look at your original question. It's badly worded and sounds very ambiguous.
Tiddly_fiddly2 h, 35 m ago

Been told it depends on what mood the boss is in.. Work for a small …Been told it depends on what mood the boss is in.. Work for a small company. Last year we had half day.

My boss is a total ar5e- excuse my language but I've had hell since I started working there after being made redundant. Glad I don't have to see his mug until 2nd Jan - that's too soon needless to say ill be looking for a new job in new year
The office staff at my company mostly finish today or tomorrow. The remainder of the staff are operational and work 24/7 shifts so we'll be at work over the whole period at some point. I'm working Christmas Eve morning, New Year's Eve morning and a PM shift of New Year's Day.

Fine by me, it's what I signed up for and I fully expect to work Christmas Day more than once during my career. We get nothing extra for it though, there's no double time or suchlike, same as any bank holiday. We all get an extra 8 days of leave a year to cover them so you get an extra day off, even if you don't work one of the bank holidays.
We always work much like Cakeboy, non-operational staff will get sent home early, operational staff normal day, then work Saturday and Sunday as extra off Christmas day just. It gets more confusing these days when so many people are all working different shift patterns then also Sun-Thurs,Mon-Friday,Tue-Saturday contracts and such. Although even saying all that, we always try to get the work done and get away soon as we finish, then remote work where needed.

Same as Cakeboy also, we get the days off when we wish to take them. Also within the sector it's a given to forget about "normal" holidays, that's when we are at our peaks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions