Groups
    EXPIRED

Halfcost warning

At least two members on here have ordered from Halfcost recently and have been supplied with what appear to be fraudulent tracking numbers. They don't exist according to the delivery company and Halfcost initially gave some unbelievable excuses by e-mail. They have failed to answer the phone and my last two e-mails have been returned as the domain name doesn't exist.

Both of us have had to make chargebacks to card companies and my card issuer is investigating them for fraud.

Personally I would steer well clear of them at the moment.

17 Comments

SuperEd

hmmm seems they might be going down the pan then but you never know

reviews arent great ]http//ww…104

thats why edited my post-you never know

could be having technical problems

Original Poster

goonertillidie;6390626

hmmm seems they might be going down the pan then

I couldn't say and wouldn't like to speculate - just relating the experience of two HUKD members in exactly the same position. I certainly wouldn't be ordering from them again.

domain is working fine: halfcost.co.uk/web…001

or Contact Us
    Information
    If you need to contact halfcost for any reason, please use the email address detailed below to contact us.

Contacting halfcost by email:
    Our email address is [email protected]. We aim to give a full and comprehensive answer to all email queries within 48 hours.

Contacting halfcost by post:
    Our address for postal enquiries is: Halfcost, Preston, PR0 2BP

or try here:

Domain name:
    halfcost.co.uk

Registrant:
    Findel Plc

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    Burley House
    Bradford Road
    Burley-in-Wharfdale
    West Yorkshire
    LS29 7DZ
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO]
    URL: names.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 31-Oct-2006
    Renewal date: 31-Oct-2010
    Last updated: 03-Dec-2008

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns0.phase8.net
    ns1.phase8.net
    ns2.phase8.net

WHOIS lookup made at 09:53:35 25-Sep-2009

They are truly awful, I bought a table for about £80 about 6 months ago. They have NEVER refunded my money and the table never arrived.

I've ordered half a dozen times and never had a probelm:?

Where have the tracking numbers come from?

From Halfcost themselves??'ve never been given a tracking number before...........

Original Poster

deb8z;6390676

Where have the tracking numbers come from?From Halfcost themselves??'ve … Where have the tracking numbers come from?From Halfcost themselves??'ve never been given a tracking number before...........

Tracking numbers were supplied in a Halfcost e-mail confirming despatch.

Original Poster

big-boy;6390646

domain is working fine: … domain is working fine: http://www.halfcost.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=11&catalogId=10001or Contact UsInformation If you need to contact halfcost for any reason, please use the email address detailed below to contact us.Contacting halfcost by email:Our email address is [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]. We aim to give a full and comprehensive answer to all email queries within 48 hours.Contacting halfcost by post:Our address for postal enquiries is: Halfcost, Preston, PR0 2BP :)or try here:Domain name: halfcost.co.uk Registrant: Findel Plc Registrant type: UnknownRegistrant's address: Burley House Bradford Road Burley-in-Wharfdale West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ United Kingdom Registrar: Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO] URL: http://www.names.co.uk Relevant dates: Registered on: 31-Oct-2006 Renewal date: 31-Oct-2010 Last updated: 03-Dec-2008 Registration status: Registered until renewal date. Name servers: ns0.phase8.net ns1.phase8.net ns2.phase8.net WHOIS lookup made at 09:53:35 25-Sep-2009

Both recent emails returned due to being unable to connect to the server - domain name not recognised.

Perhaps just technical problems - but seeing as they have £100 of mine and I haven't got any goods, just a non-existent tracking number I can't help being suspicious.

In the past i've received a despatch email AFTER i've had the parcel delivered already.

Can't the delivery company tell you if they have a parcel for you with just your name and address details supplied ?

order reguarly from Halfcost with no problems.

Ohh i ordered from there for the first time last week.
    All good arrived within 4 days.

Original Poster

deb8z;6391058

In the past i've received a despatch email AFTER i've had the parcel … In the past i've received a despatch email AFTER i've had the parcel delivered already.Can't the delivery company tell you if they have a parcel for you with just your name and address details supplied ?

I've rung the delivery company three times. They are adamant that they have nothing for me and that the tracking number I have been given doesn't match any parcel that they have for delivery.

Banned

shanecr;6391072

order reguarly from Halfcost with no problems.

+1 :thumbsup:

Ordered a few times,probably last time round was about 3mths ago,not had any problems,apart from odd item being out of stock in my order,then I have received a refund as they charge your card for whole order amount I have noticed.

HalfCost are something to do with Studio cards,think it's all their ex stock.

Original Poster

I don't think that past experience with Halfcost is the issue here - good or bad.

What I am concerned about is that in the past 10 days at least two HUKD members have had their cards charged for goods that have not been despatched, despite being told that they have; have been given what certainly appear to be false tracking numbers; have had e-mails to Halfcost customer service returned as undeliverable and are having to pursue the fraud line to get the money back from their card issuers.

If the company isn't going down the pan they are certainly giving a very good impression of it. If people want to continue to order that's up to them, but this is a consumer website and ordering from a company that appears to be taking the money and running isn't a hot deal, however cheap the item might be.

merlinthehappypig;6394202

I don't think that past experience with Halfcost is the issue here - good … I don't think that past experience with Halfcost is the issue here - good or bad. What I am concerned about is that in the past 10 days at least two HUKD members have had their cards charged for goods that have not been despatched, despite being told that they have; have been given what certainly appear to be false tracking numbers; have had e-mails to Halfcost customer service returned as undeliverable and are having to pursue the fraud line to get the money back from their card issuers.If the company isn't going down the pan they are certainly giving a very good impression of it. If people want to continue to order that's up to them, but this is a consumer website and ordering from a company that appears to be taking the money and running isn't a hot deal, however cheap the item might be.

I empathise but so far its only one or two users who have had a problem,unless you're the first of many to highlight a problem.

Banned

Thanks for the warning mate rep added
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)12
      2. Ditched Sky1012
      3. Ap on iPhone ios1122
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?712

See more discussions