Expired

Halford -v- Asda Tyres

Found 2nd Apr 2015
I went to Halford for my MOT (£30 online) today as I needed it done quickly. The only advisory was tyres were nearing legal limit and to replace them would cost me £242.31 for 3 tyres (probably mid range), Disposal of tyres £6, new valve £5.97 and wheel balancing £20.97. Thinking its a bit steep I came home and after checking the internet went with Asdatyres and premium tyres at same Halfords store including all above come in at £170.52!!!!!!!!!!! Almost £100 cheaper for the same job at the same place via the Asdatyres website. Amazing saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Community Updates
MiscTyres
18 Comments
Try Aldi always cheaper :))
if you state which size brand etc im sure some one on here will advise you of the cheapest offer you can get.
Banned
just to let you know F1 auto centres do £20 MOTs
Jesus I wish one of my tyres was £242.00.
Nice job on the saving.
Original Poster
Sorry if its confusing, the price was for replacement of 3 tyres. I went for a premium one and don't like the budget ones. Tyre size is 185/65/R15. Continental, Eco Contact 5, 70 db, B, B ratings. If anyone can help with a better deal I would really be grateful, I cant fit them as would never have the strength so would have to include fitting and wheel balancing etc.
googley2

Sorry if its confusing, the price was for replacement of 3 tyres. I went … Sorry if its confusing, the price was for replacement of 3 tyres. I went for a premium one and don't like the budget ones. Tyre size is 185/65/R15. Continental, Eco Contact 5, 70 db, B, B ratings. If anyone can help with a better deal I would really be grateful, I cant fit them as would never have the strength so would have to include fitting and wheel balancing etc.

It's not hard to fit your own. I used to do my bike ones all the time. All you need is a tablespoon to lever them on. Bob's your uncle.
£54.30 @Best buy tyres.

http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk/

Continental Eco Contact 5 88T
185 65 15 T Continental Eco Contact 5 88T
Edited by: "bigwheels" 2nd Apr 2015
deeky

It's not hard to fit your own. I used to do my bike ones all the time. … It's not hard to fit your own. I used to do my bike ones all the time. All you need is a tablespoon to lever them on. Bob's your uncle.

or you can fix a puncture with a £5 repair kit.

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/5/19/1400519793582/9db00d2f-f544-4ee2-a859-21be88f74ac9-620x372.jpeg
deeky

It's not hard to fit your own. I used to do my bike ones all the time. … It's not hard to fit your own. I used to do my bike ones all the time. All you need is a tablespoon to lever them on. Bob's your uncle.

wait.. who told you about uncle bob?
At tyre shopper £57.00 each 5% discount 3 tyres £162.45 code if works DC5ALL from hotdeals vouchers.
Plus poss quidco or top cash back 4% of 4.2% may be as low as £155.95 for 3 after cash back.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 2nd Apr 2015
£40.59 each here a garage should fit for about £10 each
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 2nd Apr 2015
The only advice i can offer the op is to tread carefully.
Banned
Apogee00

£40.59 each here a garage should fit for about £10 each

I got charged £110 for fitting of two wheels, including fitting, alignment and balancing
fbl

I got charged £110 for fitting of two wheels, including fitting, … I got charged £110 for fitting of two wheels, including fitting, alignment and balancing

Cool story bro

X)
fbl

I got charged £110 for fitting of two wheels, including fitting, … I got charged £110 for fitting of two wheels, including fitting, alignment and balancing

What you driving? A tractor?

bigwheels

£54.30 @Best buy tyres.http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk/Continental Eco … £54.30 @Best buy tyres.http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk/Continental Eco Contact 5 88T185 65 15 T Continental Eco Contact 5 88T

working out at as £105 for a budget tyre....dont want budget.... is this the best price for 235/55V19
magicbeans

working out at as £105 for a budget tyre....dont want budget.... is this … working out at as £105 for a budget tyre....dont want budget.... is this the best price for 235/55V19

Have a look on tyre leader, camskill and oponeo
If any of you are in the Glasgow/Paisley area fantastic wee garage on Greenhill Road...GreenhillTyres do tyres fitting etc included for £104. We have used them for our Grand Espace for a few years now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions