Halfords

Need some help.

I bought a Sony Radio CD player from Halfords before Christmas and had it fitted by them on Friday. It will not hold the stations in the memory - which they have told me this morning can be fixed it is just a wire they have not connected. also which bothers me most is that it will not pick up the 2 stations which we listen to. I phoned them this morning and they say it is probably the aerial- explained that it picked these 2 stations up on the old radio before when it worked and that I would like them to take the unit out and refund me, they are telling me I cannot have a refund because it has been used and the cage etc will have been bent during installation (by them). So I am £95 out of pocket - £60 for the radio and £35 for the fitting. Have told them I am entitled to a refund because it is not fit for purpose and I was not to know that it would not pick up the 2 stations I listen to until it was fitted!! Am I entitled to a refund - your views and advice please?

6 Comments

I'd want a refund too, they fitted it and it doesn't work so something isn't right.

Perhaps they forgot to fit the aeriel too?

"Am I entitled to a refund - your views and advice please?" You should go back and DEMAND they look at it FREE of CHARGE, thus giving them the opportunity to rectify it, which is considered fair. :thumbsup:

IF they don't / won't you can legally return the goods as unfit for purpose and tell them you 'reject the goods' and want a refund :thumbsup: .

Obviously the cage is bent as it's needed to ensure the radio can't be yanked out of the dash :roll: . Go back and LOUDLY demand to see the manager at a busy time :whistling:

surely you cant just loose two stations that sounds like a load of pollocks to me.
I would ask them to try another player to prove to you that it is not the one they installed that is at fault
consult citizens advice

Give them chance to fix the fault and see if they can get the stations that you want working on the stereo. They have already admitted that they have forgot to attach a "wire" so any other parts required should be met by them. See if you can see if another head unit will pick up and hold the stations.
If after all of that and the radio does not work properly, then complain.

big-boy;7502809

"Am I entitled to a refund - your views and advice please?" You should go … "Am I entitled to a refund - your views and advice please?" You should go back and DEMAND they look at it FREE of CHARGE, thus giving them the opportunity to rectify it, which is considered fair. :thumbsup:IF they don't / won't you can legally return the goods as unfit for purpose and tell them you 'reject the goods' and want a refund :thumbsup: . Obviously the cage is bent as it's needed to ensure the radio can't be yanked out of the dash :roll: . Go back and LOUDLY demand to see the manager at a busy time :whistling:

this def
dont hesitate

Original Poster

Also forgot to add that i checked on their website and instore that it would be compatiable with my car an Audi - now they are saying that it will not be as good as the original unit so that is perhaps why it will not pick up the stations I am after I appreciate it will not be as good As Audi wanted to charge me close to £600 for the unit and fitting! But they are talking a load of rubbish I could pick up the 2 stations before and I can in our other car. One of the stations is a Birmingham station and we are in Coventry the other one is Radio 5 Live on MW.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?510
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
    3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions