Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Halfords click and collect

Posted 23rd Jun
I want to buy a bike rack from Halfords through click and collect. I have a 10% discount voucher from the AA, which can only be used in store.

I tried to add the item to the basket for click and collect and it asks for payment. Therefore you can't order and pay in store. However there is an option at the bottom of the payment methods of gift card, which seem to indicate that you can choose to pay by gift card but can then present your gift card in store as the site can not yet accept gift cards on line.

Anyone know if I can choose this option and go into store to pay with my credit card when I pick it and so would be able to use my 10% AA discount?

The store local to me does not have the item in stock so I can't just go into store to buy it off the shelf.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Ring your local store and ask if they can get you one in ?
They have been part refunding people when you show them your card

Try phoning them as they are quite
Misslovely23/06/2020 16:13

They have been part refunding people when you show them your cardTry …They have been part refunding people when you show them your cardTry phoning them as they are quite

thanks. i contacted halfords on live chat and the lady says that they will refund me the 10% discount when i go and collect the item
Be warned of all
The shops I’ve visited these are the worse , three attempts to collect my item because the que is so big !

Guess why they are so big ?

Because people are bringing bloody bikes to be repaired at the front of the que !

I stood there for 15 mins while the que didn’t move because someone was getting a bike repair

Never again
Edited by: "ashmac" 23rd Jun
ashmac23/06/2020 18:37

Be warned of allThe shops I’ve visited these are the worse , three a …Be warned of allThe shops I’ve visited these are the worse , three attempts to collect my item because the que is so big !Guess why they are so big ? Because people are bringing bloody bikes to be repaired at the front of the que ! I stood there for 15 mins while the que didn’t move because someone was getting a bike repair Never again

at our local store they don't repair the bike on site. they take them in but they give you an appointment to come back and pick it up.

Be warned of allThe shops I’ve visited these are the worse , three a …Be warned of allThe shops I’ve visited these are the worse , three attempts to collect my item because the que is so big !Guess why they are so big ? Because people are bringing bloody bikes to be repaired at the front of the que ! I stood there for 15 mins while the que didn’t move because someone was getting a bike repair Never again

SOME of these bike repairs could be the free follow-up 6 week check...

halfrauds are extremely hit and miss over the quality of bike assembly.

woteva happened to the school based bicycle courses that even touched on the VERY basics of maintenance?

mind you, seeing how MANY families allow their offspring to 'remove' brakes and rather use a foot truly unnerves me, i AM a cyclist snd as a phat get i've had my tarmac kisses...
I was able to use an egift card in store. They will just scan the QR code. When I last tried online did not allow me to input gift card details.

That's not bad. I waited 1hr 45min for an item which paid online for instore collection

The horror of people using a store for their advertised purpose
rimalpatel00723/06/2020 22:27

I was able to use an egift card in store. They will just scan the QR code. …I was able to use an egift card in store. They will just scan the QR code. When I last tried online did not allow me to input gift card details.

i was thinking this may be a better way as i could choose gift card payment option and then go and get a giftcard from TCB from my payout, then pay the rest with a credit card after they give me the 10% discount?

however, when i asked the online chat advisor what is the process, she said just make an order and pay online. i can then get a part refund when i get in store when i show them the AA discount voucher. i have saved the chat transcript so i will bring that with me as proof of what i have been advised by their staff to get my refund

a bit worrying about the time you queue at the store! i will go mid week when everyone is busy working, which will hopefully be less of a queue.

41195021-r4yfC.jpg
Call them up.

Halfords are really nice people.
Post a comment
@
    Text