Halifax Savers Prize Draw - Has anyone ever won anything?

Found 3rd Apr 2017
I've got numerous accounts with the Halifax and back in 2011 I registered for their Halifax Savers Prize Draw. During all that time I've not won a bean!

I'm sure its a scam as I don't know a single person who has ever won anything :-P

Even their website is very vague, it never names winners so its impossible to check if anyone 'real' has ever won.

saversregistration.co.uk/wel…nal

Apparently they've paid out over £42 million

So was just wondering if anyone on here had won anything and if not proving my theory correct :-)

1. Ask
  2. Halifax
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Halifax
18 Comments

Won twice....not a fortune but a nice surprise....just luck of the draw....and it took ages too

Won once with a PayPal draw... same as above.....now I'm in need of greed again

Original Poster

cburns

Won twice....not a fortune but a nice surprise....just luck of the … Won twice....not a fortune but a nice surprise....just luck of the draw....and it took ages too ;)Won once with a PayPal draw... same as above.....now I'm in need of greed again

Glad to hear that, I was convinced it was a scam, as I know numerous friends and family who have got Halifax accounts and none of them have ever won anything.

How do they inform you that you've won?

Parker won!

Yes , both myself and my mother won a prize in the same month last year- only small amount though!

Wife won a small cash prize a long time ago. Can't remember how much tho.

They send you a you've won letter... you have to go into branch to complete claim

"I was convinced it was a scam"
I don't think they would spend thousands on advertising and running a high profile competition only for it to be exposed as a scam. Why risk the headlines when they still have plenty of legal ways to separate us of our money.

peroxidase

"I was convinced it was a scam" I don't think they would spend thousands … "I was convinced it was a scam" I don't think they would spend thousands on advertising and running a high profile competition only for it to be exposed as a scam. Why risk the headlines when they still have plenty of legal ways to separate us of our money.

​Like paying 0.1pc on savings accounts, good point..

won £100

Original Poster

peroxidase

"I was convinced it was a scam" I don't think they would spend thousands … "I was convinced it was a scam" I don't think they would spend thousands on advertising and running a high profile competition only for it to be exposed as a scam. Why risk the headlines when they still have plenty of legal ways to separate us of our money.

​Maybe not a scam but I still find it hard to believe they've really given away £42 million in prize money

"I've not won a competition, therefore it's a scam"

I've never met anyone who has won the lottery jackpot, surely they've not paid out billions in prizes either.

by this logic if i enter any competition and dont win
its a scam

I have had a £1 premium bond fur 47 years not won a thing someone has to win these sorts of things but it's often not you

I won £100 a couple of years ago

Original Poster

Stop_It

"I've not won a competition, therefore it's a scam"I've never met anyone … "I've not won a competition, therefore it's a scam"I've never met anyone who has won the lottery jackpot, surely they've not paid out billions in prizes either.

​I didn't know ANYONE until I asked on here if someone had won, I know loads of people who've won the lottery.....and I bet you do as well..... Even if it's 2 quid

Original Poster

eslick

I have had a £1 premium bond fur 47 years not won a thing someone has to … I have had a £1 premium bond fur 47 years not won a thing someone has to win these sorts of things but it's often not you

​I win on the premium bonds almost every month.... I've got slightly more than one pounds worth though

the branch in Scunthorpe Branch had 3 big winners 2x100k and 1x500k, luckiest branch on 2016.

Yep I'm pretty confident its a scam, I won £100 when i registered my account approx 5-6 years ago and they call you into the branch making it look all dramatic. That's their standard payout for new-ish entries as it hooks you into staying with the scam. Ive known 3 people to win, and guess what all £100 winners and they won within several months to 1 year of registering. Trust me i know they just want you to keep your money in their bank, but guess what I'm now considering premium bonds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants