Halloween Films

Posted 31st Oct
Can anyone suggest a good spooky Halloween film for me and the missus to watch tonight?
I'm looking for something with more suspense than gore.
Otherwise, we'll be watching Halloween again.
Tarrrrrrrrrrrr.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

32 Comments
Terrifier (2016)
I still enjoy the original Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis.
Do you mean Halloween 3 on "Horror" tonight? That's a good 'classic' watch if it's the uncut version.

What platforms do you have to view on? I love all the "Conjuring" series of films at the moment. "Annabelle" movies are good too. "Mama" was another good film. Oh, and "The Babadook." That's worth a look. I bet you've seen them all already though, eh?
If you have NowTV (Sky Movies) they are showing the latest (possibly last) Halloween movie at the mo. It wasn't fantastic though (IMHO) but if you like the series, it's worth it to see JLC in action again. It does have it's moments...
Is she looking for something that will put the willies up her?
fearona31/10/2019 15:57

Is she looking for something that will put the willies up her?

Have you seen my wife?
She'll have to look elsewhere.
Hocus Pocus is a good one if your looking for a family friendly less scary film alongside Th Nightmare Before Christmas which can also be argued as a Christmas film
rev631/10/2019 15:38

Terrifier (2016)

Seen that a few months ago, scariest clown I've ever came across that's for sure!

Films off the top of my head
Alien or Aliens
Nightmare of Elm Street 3
The Thing
Evil Dead remake
Carrie
Devil
The Babadook
The Shining
The Exorcist

So bloody many...
I second ‘Let the right one in’
[●REC]
everton history
Coraline might fit the bill.

38867703-vBVGn.jpg

Ridiculous creepy for a PG rating
Bit old now, but Blair witch is my fav
Edited by: "sidhoooooo" 31st Oct
It's not spooky but Don't Breathe was pretty good imo

Suspense does not get much better than the old classic The Haunting (1963) not the terrible 1999 remake or for that matter the decidedly average The Haunting Of Hill House on Netflix.

The old ITV classic film of 'The Woman In Black' way better than the Daniel Radcliffe film and worth looking for.
Edited by: "cicobuff" 31st Oct
"It Follows"gets my vote if you haven't seen it, it has a similar kind of feel to Halloween

If you don't fancy subtitles with "Let the Right One In" I'm pretty sure "Let Me In" was the US version.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 31st Oct
sidhoooooo31/10/2019 16:45

Bit old now, but Blair witch is my fav

I remember watching that on a copy VHS back in 1999 with a few school mates, I told them it was real and proper freaked them out.
After the film finished they all had to walk home, the fog was terrible outside so made them even worse... One mate rang when he got home and said hes sure something was following him
In any case don’t watch “Hereditary “. Complete snooze fest in which NOTHING HAPPENS!
Evil dead, the first and original one, it's one of the scariest films I've ever seen 😧.
The Grudge is a great film, the 2 sequels are not bad either.
Drag Me To Hell on Film 4 10.45 tonight
nhhc31/10/2019 15:51

Let the Right One In (2008)The Babadook (2014)Not Halloween themed but …Let the Right One In (2008)The Babadook (2014)Not Halloween themed but worth watching.

The babadook was terrible
It follows
Or
Any of those spate of Japanese horrors from the grudge era
Thanks for all for your recommendations.
d70cw631/10/2019 17:17

In any case don’t watch “Hereditary “. Complete snooze fest in which NOTHI …In any case don’t watch “Hereditary “. Complete snooze fest in which NOTHING HAPPENS!

I'd kind of agree with you, apart from that one scene - you know the one I'm talking about - was pretty damn shocking and I didn't see it coming. When it did -

I would say though that I love Toni Collette as an actor and find her to be excellent in anything she's in - this included.
Phsycronix31/10/2019 20:34

I'd kind of agree with you, apart from that one scene - you know the one …I'd kind of agree with you, apart from that one scene - you know the one I'm talking about - was pretty damn shocking and I didn't see it coming. When it did - I would say though that I love Toni Collette as an actor and find her to be excellent in anything she's in - this included.

I dunno. I find it interesting as I age: things I used to find terrifying as a young ‘un (under 30) really don’t bother me now (over 40). I used to avoid “horror” films but now quite enjoy them when the missus is out on a girls night out.
Must be the eternal horror of having a couple of kids around
Can't beat Halloween (1978) The best ever horror film.
I'll be watching it tonight along with..
Salems Lot & The Shining
themachman31/10/2019 20:56

Can't beat Halloween (1978) The best ever horror film.I'll be watching it …Can't beat Halloween (1978) The best ever horror film.I'll be watching it tonight

Same here, just sitting down to watch the 1978 35th Anniversary Edition, hadn't planned on it but this thread got me thinking.
Phsycronix31/10/2019 15:42

If you have NowTV (Sky Movies) they are showing the latest (possibly last) …If you have NowTV (Sky Movies) they are showing the latest (possibly last) Halloween movie at the mo. It wasn't fantastic though (IMHO) but if you like the series, it's worth it to see JLC in action again. It does have it's moments...

I agree, watched the latest Halloween on Sky recently, it’s actually alright
Halloween H20 is on Freeview somewhere tonight, thought that was a bit better than the most recent Halloween reboot, which I found really disappointing. Can't beat the original!
Original Texas Chain saw massacre...

Silent Hill.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants