Groups

Halloween.... Witch Theme Park????

Banned

As the kids are of on half term, I'm thinking on digging out the Merlin Passes and going to a Theme Park for Halloween this evening.

So, I've a choice between Legoland, Chessington and Thorpe Park.

I'd imagine Legoland is pointless. Chessington is nearer to me and whilst Thorpe Park is the better park, the kids are a bit fearful of the rides there.

I know what the parks are like..... but what exactly is the fuss about Hallowen that makes it one of their "Dont miss" occasions? A ride is a ride surely?

What makes Halloween in the parks different?

No Trolling Please. The subject of Halloween is coincidental and doesn't signify a welcome mat.

19 Comments

Thorpe park is excellent but i would not take any kid that was under 10 to the halloween things as they really are scary... i think it says not kids under 12 any way ..... it may be no kids under 8 ..

Oh thorpe park is different on halloween as 1 its open to 10 and it like has scary walk throughs.......

how old are ur kiddies? sounds like they are too young for TP and too old for LL. stick to what they will enjoy.

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22;6732436

i have been to thorpe and chessington at halloween ....loved both but … i have been to thorpe and chessington at halloween ....loved both but suppose it depends on kids ages my daughter was 5/6 and she preferred chessington ...the rides were more suitable

So what goes on in the park that makes a visit at Halloween worthwhile? I mean, it's gonna be more crowded than normal .......... but what happens? People dressing up and jumping out and stuff like that?

Tinkytayls;6732484

Thorpe park is excellent but i would not take any kid that was under 10 … Thorpe park is excellent but i would not take any kid that was under 10 to the halloween things as they really are scary... i think it says not kids under 12 any way ..... it may be no kids under 8 ..Oh thorpe park is different on halloween as 1 its open to 10 and it like has scary walk throughs.......

Yeh, I've just spoken to someone who said it wasn't suitable for kids. Looks like Chessington then! Must admit, I did like the short visit I had at Thorpe Park....... but the kids felt intimidated by the rides, so we didnt stay that long!

magicbeans;6732486

how old are ur kiddies? sounds like they are too young for TP and too old … how old are ur kiddies? sounds like they are too young for TP and too old for LL. stick to what they will enjoy.

I dont think I could handle Legoland again! Such a poor Park! At leat the kids will go on the Vampire Ride...... (PS 9 and 11)

Go thrope park

amazing

In today's Daily Star I think there is an offer for buy 1 ticket get 2 free at Thorpe Park, sorry I don't have any more details than that but it might be worth a look

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/pixfeed/covers/257x330front/2009-10-30.jpg

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;6732714

In today's Daily Star I think there is an offer for buy 1 ticket get 2 … In today's Daily Star I think there is an offer for buy 1 ticket get 2 free at Thorpe Park, sorry I don't have any more details than that but it might be worth a look

Cheers Barney... but already have Merlin Passes.

All 4 of us get in free!

Good deal though... I'm sure someone will make use of it!

Thorpe Park is more for the older teenager/adult I think. We've got the passes too, so I don't mind popping there with my youngest for a couple of hours for the little rides, but I have been known to leave the kids with my sister and go back with a friend and have a go on all the bigger rides myself :-D

I'd def say stick to Chessington if your two weren't keen on it the first time round. Hope you all have a good day out

i wouldnt go on fright night again, went a few years back and there was too many people, managed to get on 2 rides the whole night and only because no one else wanted them as they were naff.

Be prepared fora long wait

Original Poster Banned

Starr;6733263

i wouldnt go on fright night again, went a few years back and there was … i wouldnt go on fright night again, went a few years back and there was too many people, managed to get on 2 rides the whole night and only because no one else wanted them as they were naff.Be prepared fora long wait

We've got VIP exit passes, so we never have to queue for any rides.

guv;6733705

Mods: can we check out a BG1, KFC multi here please.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;6733757

Mods: can we check out a BG1, KFC multi here please.

No need.

There are others here that can verify.

There's no way I'd queue for an hour to go on a roller coaster. 5 minutes is far too long imho.

guv;6733784

No need.There are others here that can verify.There's no way I'd queue … No need.There are others here that can verify.There's no way I'd queue for an hour to go on a roller coaster. 5 minutes is far too long imho.

Tis true. I know exactly why he gets them, and I get them for the same reason. The passes enable the person to go straight on all the rides without the queues :thumbsup:

I have only been to Thorpe Park which was more teenager/big kid orientated imo

If your kids don't like the big rides maybe better to go to a more "family friendly" one as there are bound to be groups of young lads/chavs at Thorpe Park making tools of themselves and generally getting on everyones wick

guv;6733054

Cheers Barney... but already have Merlin Passes.All 4 of us get in free! … Cheers Barney... but already have Merlin Passes.All 4 of us get in free!

LOL

note to self, read the OP :oops:

Original Poster Banned

Charlie&Lola;6733828

Tis true. I know exactly why he gets them, and I get them for the same … Tis true. I know exactly why he gets them, and I get them for the same reason. The passes enable the person to go straight on all the rides without the queues :thumbsup:

Thankyou KFC... erm I mean Charlie&Lola! :w00t:

jellybaby22;6733830

it is busier but if you have passes you should be alright ......my … it is busier but if you have passes you should be alright ......my daughter liked the fact they were people dressed up and obviously the place was all decorated....chessington is probably your best bet.....although they must be brave kids....i was scared on the vampire ride

The eldest has been on coasters since he was 3! (He went on the big dipper at Margate at that age!). He did many of the biger rides I was allowed to in Florida from age 8..... however recently he's gone a bit wimpey. The youngest now seems to have got braver.

boothy;6733854

I have only been to Thorpe Park which was more teenager/big kid … I have only been to Thorpe Park which was more teenager/big kid orientated imoIf your kids don't like the big rides maybe better to go to a more "family friendly" one as there are bound to be groups of young lads/chavs at Thorpe Park making tools of themselves and generally getting on everyones wick

Yeh, I can imagine. It was a bit like that when we wnent to Alton Towers in the summer.

barneydog;6733863

LOLnote to self, read the OP :oops:

You're forgiven! :w00t:

guv;6733705

:w00t: Should be fun then, Thorpe park FTW :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Oh well...... Chessington it was!

Left work at 2.... arrived in the park at 3.20. Cant be bad!

Managed 5 rides before leaving at 7. Vampire ride seemed tamer darker than in daylight!

Cant believe I did the "Enchanted wood walk". People queued for 90 minutes for a 5 minute walk into a tower with a few nutcases in fancy dress. I was miffed at a five minute wait.

ahhh you shoulda popped in for coffee :lol:

was it really busy? might attempt it over weekend

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22;6738229

never mind u ...its suppose to be the kids that enjoy it

Yeh true. I dont think they were impressed after a 5 minute wait. They'd have been steaming if they'd waited 90 minutes! It was actually embarrassingly bad!

loupomm;6738243

ahhh you shoulda popped in for coffee :lol:was it really busy? might … ahhh you shoulda popped in for coffee :lol:was it really busy? might attempt it over weekend

Yeh it was. Vampire and tomb raider were a 90 minute wait, Bubble, runnaway train, was 60 minutes..... and enchanted wood was 90 minutes. That was a corker!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions