Groups

Hallway & Landing lighting

Just wanted some opinions on hallway and landing lighting...

My hallway looks like most homes - features the stairs which leads up to the landing and bedrooms etc. Do you think the same matching light fitting/pendant would look weird in the hallway as well as the landing? Or should they be different? Is there a interior design 'rule' for this?

Few things to note are:
    In the hallway, under the light, looking up the stairs you can see the landing light too.
    The wall colour paint in the hallway and landing is the same throughout.
    The door styles/doorhandles in the hallway and landing are all the same - matching.

My idea is 2 identical light fittings would "flow" better as the area is open and everything ties in as its kind of one area.

But would like peoples thoughts, ideas and opinions What do you have? :-)

8 Comments

Exactly the same as you - as in what you have described........ Continuity throughout - with the changes coming in the rooms that are separated by doors or physical partitions.

That said, if you look on other sites that the TV Series "Changing Rooms" use, they seem to go with the different approach in the larger houses with a lot more height from the floor to the ceiling, but generally, the same is what ... ..

Well.... Lets see what others say.....

Agree, go for 2 identical lights, especially since everything else in hallway and landing match, and both lights are visible from the hallway.

It makes no difference to the aesthetics but are you having two way lights so you can turn the lights on upstairs on the landing from the bottom of the stairs and vice versa?

darlodge

It makes no difference to the aesthetics but are you having two way … It makes no difference to the aesthetics but are you having two way lights so you can turn the lights on upstairs on the landing from the bottom of the stairs and vice versa?

It's not a rewire, OP just wants to know which lampshades to use. X)

Original Poster

Thanks people I think I will go for 2 identical fittings.

I have matching

2 identical.

Original Poster

Update - went for 2 fittings identical and they look great together. Thanks to all that replied.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door77
      2. Oculus Desktop - new or used22
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …44
      4. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?22

See more discussions