Groups
    EXPIRED

Hallway walls - breaking into two sections

Hi

I recently removed dado rails from my hallway walls (it was about 30 years old and looked very bad - all painted over/falling to bits etc). I patched/smoothed out the gaps where the dado rail was removed. Since then I have painted it but it clearly shows the about 2 inches width line all the way on the walls where the dado rail used to be. So it seems I must either put up new dado rails or something else in place of it, i.e. divide the wall again in two parts.

The questions are:
    1. Do people still use dado rails (I haven't seen in anybody's house yet)? Pretty difficult to cut at the correct angles on the stairs etc :-(.
    2. Can I use a border from a DIY shop to hide the 2 inch wide line going horizontal on the walls? Would a border without wall paper look good? Obviously, putting up a border would not only be cheaper but easier as well.
    3. Are there any other 'modern' options instead of a border/dado rail?
    4. I can just about do diy & would prefer a cheaper & easier option as a replacement for a dado rail?
    5. Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Robie

1 Comment

yes a border will look ok or you could get your wall skimmed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon11
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391111
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag88

See more discussions