Groups
    EXPIRED

Halo 2, Gears of war for PC

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy either of them for a pc and if gears of war requires 2.4 GHz Intel processor or 2.0 GHz AMD will it run on either Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor T6500 (2.1GHz, 800MHz, 2MB) or Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T4200 (2.0GHz, 800MHz, 1MB cache) as I'm looking at a new laptop for going away to university.

11 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks in advance Dan

Original Poster

Thanks mate, but my current pc can't run them, that's why I want to know if those specs are good enough because I'm going to buy a laptop to go away to university with.
    Thanks for trying though

oXdanXo;5959042

Thanks mate, but my current pc can't run them, that's why I want to know … Thanks mate, but my current pc can't run them, that's why I want to know if those specs are good enough because I'm going to buy a laptop to go away to university with.Thanks for trying though

oh, well i.ve got a hp 6735s, i can't play cod waw on mine, compare the specs and have a look,plays halo and quake 4 really well though, halo 2 would play fine as well,
    passes gears of war also, but just scrapes on the graphics card, 3200 hd

Original Poster

ok thanks mate I will.

Original Poster

Just picked up halo 2 only looking for the cheapest price on gears of war now.

Original Poster

Anyone found a good price for gears of war yet?
    Thanks

Original Poster

Hi sorry to bother you, it's just that you seem to know a lot about pcs and laptops will both of the games run on the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6500 as for graphics card, I can either get Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD or 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330, or could you reccomend a good laptop that could play them and could run microsoft office for university.
    Thanks for the help in the thread.
    dan

Original Poster

Thanks for the help, gonna see what offers are on dell now as they have changed and am gonna order me a laptop.
    Thanks

I wanted to return my Inspiron 1545 according to Dell the eighth day and it was reject (only 7 days)…the Dell service from the order to the post service is very bad..I had the big problems with delivery UPS service and with Dell costumer service..everything liquidate by phone from Madrid.

Inspiron 1545 is one big :-( from Dell. It warms up very quickly after 2-3 hours you cannot write any email.The computer stops. My opinion is that processor is not potent, its performance is not good; the battery is very weak, it maintains only half an hour without source of alimentation..
    To write this comment I have to clap each letter twice or three times to the key board to appear these letters on display…horrible. My mum who has 63 years told me that she has never tried worst computer…I cannot not recommend it to anybody..
    I have:
    Pentium Dual Core T4200 (2,0GHz,800MHz,1MB)
    Display: 15,6in Widescreen WXGA with TrueLife-WLED
    Memory: 4096MB (2x2048) 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel
    Disk: 160GB SATA (5,4rpm)
    Battery: Inspiron Primary 4-cell 28WHr Li-Ion
    Graphics: Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD
    Wireless 1397 (802,11 b/g) Mini card European
    Key board: intern Spanish Qwerty key board
    Operating system: Spanish Genuine Window Vista SP1 Home Premum (64BIT) including Media

Original Poster

Thats what I was going to go for except it's 2.4GHz, but from what I've ordered from dell in the past they are reliable, I've had £1000-£1500 desktops every 3-4 years and they all still work now, but things like this worry me way too much, can anyone tell if this is going to run smoothly.
    It's a dell studio 15 (N0053504)
    Components
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40Ghz, 3MB, 1066MHz)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English
    Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)
    1 Year Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
    15.6in Widescreen High Definition (1366x768) WLED with TrueLife
    4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
    320GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
    512MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570
    Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software
    Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery
    Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11 a/b/g/n 1X2) 1/2 MiniCard
    No Bluetooth Upgrade
    2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera
    Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
    Black chainlink
    Accessories
    No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
    Services & Software
    No Accidental Damage Support
    DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year
    Also Includes
    1 Meter Power Cord (3 Wire) - UK
    English - Documentation Studio 1545
    N0853504
    1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
    Studio 1555 Order - UK
    No Carrying Case
    Studio 1555 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)
    90W AC Adaptor
    Wireless Label (Intel Wireless Cards) - Core 2 Duo
    Silver chainlink palm rest – with Black Chainlink cover only
    Datasafe Local 2.0 Basic
    Thanks
    Dan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick66